New Classics

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
boykinlp

New Classics

Post by boykinlp »

Is there anything true about some new classics getting ready to come out? Thanks.
Larry

Each one, teach one.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Classics

Post by Railsplitter »

Case Classics? Really? That would be awesome!

I haven't heard anything but I hope it's true. Will Case be making them this time since Queen isn't around anymore?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

I have heard a whisper about new Case Selects, not sure about Classics though.

Russell
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I wonder who owns the Case Classic name these days? If I understand correctly the rights to the Case Classic name were not owned by Case when the Queen Case Classics were made. Does anyone here have any idea who owns the name now? Maybe they can have some made in China ...
Mel
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

Probably Blue Grass Cutlery who had the contract to get them made.

Russell
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Didn't Jim Parker start the original Case Classics when He still owned Case?
Tim
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

Jim Parker did indeed start the venture but contracted Blue Grass to make them, but they outsourced to Queen for the final product.

more info here. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/co ... nce-guide/

Russell
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Have not seen or heard anything about a new run of Case Classics, but Case is indeed producing more Case Select knives. There's been discussion of the new Case Selects on the Case Collectors Club forum for a few weeks now. Unlike the Case Classic line, which reproduced or borrowed heavily from old Case knives from the Tested or earlier eras, the Case Select knives appear to be versions of current Case production, but made with premium handle materials, nickel silver linings, and fancy embellishments like scrolled engraved bolsters. Nice knives, assuming you like that sort of thing.

Ken

Not my knife. Picture from Case Collectors Club forum member.
Attachments
Case Select Tribal Lock
Case Select Tribal Lock
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I like the 1990s Case Selects, especially the 6347WH and 5347WH split backs. The Select Trapper's nickel silver liners and long pull clip blade set it apart from standard 6254s without large Select markings. Their clip blades remind me of early Buck 301 master blades. While I'd be a buyer of new Selects that were as tastefully done I''m not overly enthusiastic about prominently decorated club knives.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”