Tinker's folder

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

Tinker's folder

Post by hellize »

Tinker's folder

Ever since the dwarves popped out of the earth eons ago, everyone bound them with mining, metal-craft and jewelry. They are the masters of metal and lords of steel, burrowing in the murky dept without an end, searching and bringing precious raw materials to the surface. The finest and best of blades and weapons born under their sedulous hands, every piece passing the test of battle, keeping a razor edge against the odds and remaining immaculate, confuting time itself... blah... blah... blah... heard this one a thousand times already!
Everyone always brags about the same thing! Dwarves this, dwarves that... yeah, they are good, I get it, but still...what's a big deal? Eh, nothing but a bunch of hairy madmen, if you ask me, digging holes, hammering iron and inflating the price causeless, by not sharing all their knowledge. Greedy bastards!
But what about us? Who keeps count of our humble kind? When will we step out of the enslaving shadow of the dwarves and be taken seriously? I am pretty sick of the role of the little workshop helper, working under their hands, while they bath the shine of glory, brought by their blades and contraptions?
I WANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!!!

-suddenly the heavy ironing of the shop door started to scoop scaring away the listening crowd - two sooty cats - , and a moment latter, with his thundering voice a burst of laughter engulfed the smithy:

HAHHHHAHAHAHAH!!! So you want acknowledgment, lad? Aye?? Then move your flabby arse, and get those damn crates of coal into the warehouse!! - rumbled the dwarf with pretended rage, resting his eyes on a small piece of tinkering, left on the anvil in the sudden confusion, thinking somewhat proudly to himself:

-hmm... not bad for a gnome...

It is 12.3 cm long when closed and 21.8 cm when opened.
The blade is 9.8 cm long, 3.2 cm wide and 5 mm thick at its base. I forged it using 5160, 1.2516 and L6 and it has several hundred layers.
I also have a little clip showing it's operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QU0Bv69AQ
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
csizmar szilard
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tinker's folder

Post by edge213 »

Once again. Awesome!! I really like that one.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
hellize

Post by hellize »

edge213 wrote:Once again. Awesome!! I really like that one.
Glad you like it! :)
csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Aww those dirty finger nailed little gnomes. Who would expect such creativity and skill. I my self would be proud to haul coal for such a talented little underbridge dweller. Great work hellize.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Another fantastic job.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote:Aww those dirty finger nailed little gnomes. Who would expect such creativity and skill. I my self would be proud to haul coal for such a talented little underbridge dweller. Great work hellize.
hehe, yeah, they sure have potential! ;)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Colonel26 wrote:Another fantastic job.
Thanks a lot! :)
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”