Replacing Blades

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
OldKnifeCollector

Replacing Blades

Post by OldKnifeCollector »

Does anyone on here know of anyone who replaces blades? I have some nice old knives in which the main blades are broken and have spares I want to replace them with. I personally do not know how to replace them. I would prefer not to have to ship them to someone, but the only way that's possible is if there is someone around the Vermont/New Hampshire area who can replace them. Any info is appreciated, thank you.
I collect pre-1950’s bone, stag, and wood handled high quality knives.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Replacing Blades

Post by danno50 »

Check out the "Knife Creation, Modification and Restoration Forums". There are members who post in there repair knives: Orvet, Muskratman, Glennbad, Elvis and Goldpan, to name just some of them. Apologies to anyone I did not mention.
Dan
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Member Glennbad is located in NH and does good work and is a nice guy. PM him for more info. He is an honest repairman and marks his work so people down the line can know the knife has been repaired. I think a couple of the other repairmen do this too. Usually done inside the liners so it won't show unless one really looks for it.
OldKnifeCollector

I will check that out.
danno50 wrote:Check out the "Knife Creation, Modification and Restoration Forums". There are members who post in there repair knives: Orvet, Muskratman, Glennbad, Elvis and Goldpan, to name just some of them. Apologies to anyone I did not mention.
OldKnifeCollector

Thanks for the info!
Gunsil wrote:Member Glennbad is located in NH and does good work and is a nice guy. PM him for more info. He is an honest repairman and marks his work so people down the line can know the knife has been repaired. I think a couple of the other repairmen do this too. Usually done inside the liners so it won't show unless one really looks for it.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”