how it's made - steel cable blade

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

how it's made - steel cable blade

Post by hellize »

Greetings from Transylvania!

I received many mails and pms throughout the years, with people asking me to make a demo video about how I make, how I forge my blades.
A few times I did show you guys work is progress pictures, but evaded making the video, because I am always in a rush and am also lazy as hell :D
But the day has finally come to get rid of the shackles of laziness and show my horrible accent and how gloriously boring forging can be.
This is the first part of a mini series, consisting of 3 clips in total, demonstrating how I forge a knife blade from A to Z, using steel cable and leaf spring.
Feel free to like, comment and subscribe if you enjoyed it. It would help me beat my inner sloth and make more of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9ZLDMEX8s&t=2s
csizmar szilard
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: how it's made - steel cable blade

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Awesome! There is something mesmerizing about watching someone forge hot metal into an actual product. Must be a primal thing.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Absolutely! Many times I have watched forging blades live, but never stop to admire!
Szilard, I did not notice that you are a Romanian. Hello neighbour! I am really impressed with your work.
hellize

Post by hellize »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Awesome! There is something mesmerizing about watching someone forge hot metal into an actual product. Must be a primal thing.
Thanks! :)
Yeah, I feel the same way about it! :) Fire is the closest thing we have to magic :D
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Eustace wrote:Absolutely! Many times I have watched forging blades live, but never stop to admire!
Szilard, I did not notice that you are a Romanian. Hello neighbour! I am really impressed with your work.
Glad you liked it! :)
Yeah I live in the heart of Romania. But I am an amalgam of many nations :D
csizmar szilard
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Awesome!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

hellize wrote:
Let me guess. Transylvania - Vlad III Cepesh :D , Romanians, Hungarians, Germans...Bulgarians too.
I think most people in this part of the world are descendants of the same ancient people.
hellize

Post by hellize »

TripleF wrote:Awesome!!! ::tu::
Thanks! :)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Eustace wrote:
hellize wrote:
Let me guess. Transylvania - Vlad III Cepesh :D , Romanians, Hungarians, Germans...Bulgarians too.
I think most people in this part of the world are descendants of the same ancient people.
Yeah, something like that :D I mostly am german (schwabish to be exact), about 1/8 romanian and 1/8 hungarian. That's what I am sure of. But there most probably are many others too, I mean, the Carpathian basin is a huge cooking pot of nations, where east and west always collides. So yeah, maybe even bulgarians ;)
csizmar szilard
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

According to the latest genetic research, Bulgarians, Romanians, Macedonians and Gagaus are the same people. We are so close that our genetic maps coincide. Close to us are Croats, Montenegrins, the population of Northern Greece, Serbs, Hungarians. We are the descendants of Europe's oldest population, settling in southeastern Europe 10,000 years before Christ. Any other story is politics.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful video. I can’t wait to watch the rest of them. Your knives are beautiful and to see the process is just that much better. Thank you for sharing.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Colonel26 wrote:Wonderful video. I can’t wait to watch the rest of them. Your knives are beautiful and to see the process is just that much better. Thank you for sharing.
I agree with Colonel26. I would never know how these are made without your video. I look forward to seeing the rest of them too.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
hellize

Post by hellize »

Eustace wrote:According to the latest genetic research, Bulgarians, Romanians, Macedonians and Gagaus are the same people. We are so close that our genetic maps coincide. Close to us are Croats, Montenegrins, the population of Northern Greece, Serbs, Hungarians. We are the descendants of Europe's oldest population, settling in southeastern Europe 10,000 years before Christ. Any other story is politics.
Yeah, you could be right. I read that dacians were cousins to tracian , one on this side of the danube the other on the other side.
So yeah, I find it likely too.
But I am not sure about hungarians, They came from asia about 1200-1300 years ago. But they most probably mixed heavily with the people already staying there.
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Colonel26 wrote:Wonderful video. I can’t wait to watch the rest of them. Your knives are beautiful and to see the process is just that much better. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks a lot! :D Your nice words mean a lot to me.
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

boykinlp wrote:
I agree with Colonel26. I would never know how these are made without your video. I look forward to seeing the rest of them too.
Larry
It is actually a lot of fun. If you have the opportunity, do try it. You won't be disappointed ;)
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”