No Stamp Case folding hunter

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

No Stamp Case folding hunter

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I was wondering how this knife would have come into existence. Also how can he say it is from the 1970s if there is no tang stamp? Any one have any ideas?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-STAMP-c-197 ... 0033.m2042
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
cody6268

Re: No Stamp Case folding hunter

Post by cody6268 »

First would be--factory error. I think that accounts for most of the knives you see with no tang stamp. However, most show evidence of being sanded/ground off. A few knives I've seen with etched stamps, but Case never used them to my knowledge.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: No Stamp Case folding hunter

Post by knifeaholic »

Yes, factory error - you don't see too many of them like that but they do exist.

As to the year, Case first made the 6265 in SS in 1972. The "composition" shield dates the knife to 1974 or later. But it could be any year from 1974 through the early 80's. After about 1984 the shields were changed several times.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”