Case Russlock knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Case Russlock knives

Post by stagman »

Lucky fella there Barnwood ::tu::

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

barnwood42 wrote:
stagman wrote:Mind ya I do not have a personal opinion either way on the Case Russlock
But Doggone...that Stag one that QTCUT has with no bolster on it,,
I can't help it,, thats a looker in my book !!! Gorgeous Stag !!!

Stag

That's what I thought. So I bought it from him. Thanks again QTCUT.
You are very welcome. And thank YOU, barnwood42; after I saw the way you opened that baby with one hand, I knew it was meant to be yours. If I had any more RussLocks I would just send them to you because clearly you are the "RussLock Whisperer". ::not_worthy::
::nod::
~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Winnipeg Gentleman

Post by Winnipeg Gentleman »

QTCut5:

I saw the pictures you posted of your old Russlock knives, the ones you said you sold a long time ago. They were all very nice, but the following two really stood out for me as being exceptionally beautiful:
P2160004.JPG
P2160004.JPG (32.24 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
P7170905.JPG
P7170905.JPG (32.24 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
The pearl one's color scheme and designs on the handle look great, and the wood one is not only beautiful but also quite unusual and uncommon. (An honorable mention goes to the fancy blue-and white one in a wide 'V' pattern on the handle, the one in the middle of several others, that one was gorgeous, as well). It's hard to believe you actually got rid of those exceptionally beautiful and rare knives. Since they're most likely quite hard to find, do you regret at all giving them away or selling them?

The only Russlock I have is this cranberry Case XX with the silver script shield:
caseruss.jpg
It's true they're rather difficult to open, but the contours of the handle do feel great in the hand. The majority of my knife collection is comprised mostly of stilettos because I've always loved knives that have that slick-and-sleek look. Russlocks definitely have that same slick-and-sleek look, what with the thin and subtly-upswept curve of the blade, and how the extended tang flows into the handle when opened.

The only aspect of Russlocks that I don't really care for is the rounded part underneath that has to be pushed to unlock the blade. I know it's necessary for functionality, but still, it does somewhat detract from the slick-and-sleek flowing look of the knife from top-to-bottom.

Regardless, your Russlocks were great to see, and I hope you (and everyone else) enjoyed seeing my cranberry one.

Winnipeg Gentleman
specgrade

Post by specgrade »

I just hold mine like a Bic lighter and use my thumb ( like you would light the lighter ) to push down on the tang to open the knife.
Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy. ::tu::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”