anyone know when Buck bought artum

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
junom

anyone know when Buck bought artum

Post by junom »

Hi, does anyone know when Buck bought Artum blade engravers, I may have misspelled the name they use to use a trade mark that looked like a Indian 4 corner cross. Thanks George God bless
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: anyone know when Buck bought artum

Post by Railsplitter »

I had no idea that Buck actually bought Aurum but I never really gave it much thought.

I don't know if this was before or after the buyout but I have this Aurum etched 705 dated 1979-1985.
Attachments
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

I don't know that they ever did either. I read somewhere that Aurum went to SD in the mid 80's to set up Bucks etching system for them.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I’ve never read that Buck owned Arium Engraving and don’t think they did. Jeff Hubbard would know. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
bertl

Post by bertl »

Here is some good information on Aurum and Buck. Buck did not buy Aurum.

Bert

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/aur ... ck.767846/
junom

Post by junom »

Hi I got a great long answer about Aurum, they work out of Buck, I never see the trade mark any more it was a + I had a 700 series pony with the + with a & e it was years ago, I sold it , it brought a lot of money ,but I wish I had kept it after I noticed that the trade mark no longer appeared on the knives. Thanks George God bless P/S I did spell Aurum wrong
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I just attended a seminar on Aurum Etching at the Buck Factory in Idaho and I believe they said that 1989 was the last they had any etching done. Here is a link to an article that was in Knife World...it's a little more detailed than the blade forums article. www.aurumengraving.net/pdfs/knifeworld.pdf
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

If anyone does research and finds out for certain I would like to hear about it. I took it to be never also. 300Bucks

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”