Case Wire Jack

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case Wire Jack

Post by just bob »

I know Case made one of these. considering this seller's history of questionable knives I wonder is there any chance this is authentic. It maybe an original Case blade put into this frame. I'm pretty sure I have one in my junk pile that has been made the same way. Also found something on the net I'll include about the Case wire jack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE1920-TO ... 0290.m3507

The Case Cutlery Company also sold a "Wire Jack" pattern knife (W1216) using a couple of variations on their tang stamps e.g. "CASE TESTED XX" and "CASE PAT. 9-21-26". In both of these stamps, the word "CASE" is the older "tested" 1920-1940 version. The stamp could appear either above or below the cap lifter. These "Case" knives were made entirely in the Schrade company in Bridgeport, Ct. This was common for one knife company to make knives for another, incidentally, Schrade also made "Pull Balls" for Case and large switchblades for Remington.
Attachments
aaaaaaa .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Re: Case Wire Jack

Post by just bob »

A little more digging and I found an original. Note the tang stamp and also notice the blade doesn't have a nail pull. Pretty sure the ebay knife isn't right.
Attachments
bbbbb a .jpg
bbbbbbb .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Wire Jack

Post by gsmith7158 »

Yeah, this guy is a shyster from the word go. Jazzy gambling I do believe may have received his diploma from Tommygg University.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”