questions re: Limited Edition Custom

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Cletus Awreetus

questions re: Limited Edition Custom

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

hello Guys,
can someone tell me a bit about this one please? I picked it up a few years ago on a whim as I'm not in any way a Buck collector. I'd like an idea as to how desirable it is, what it's worth, etc.Thanks in advance for any and all info!
Attachments
Buck 1.JPG
Buck 2.JPG
Buck 3.JPG
Buck 4.JPG
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Old Hunter

Re: questions re: Limited Edition Custom

Post by Old Hunter »

I can tell you it is a Buck 113, made in the custom shop. Has a serial number which tells you how many were made but I don't know when. There are many, many limited run variations of Buck knives, not even the hard core collectors know how many or when on some of them. Nice Buck!
OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

OH,
thanks! yep, I've run into exactly what you're talking about, in spades. I figure if there's any one place I might get some comprehensive detail, it would be here. I guess I'll give it a little time, see what kind of info the board can come up with. My next move would be a letter to Buck I suppose. appreciate ya!
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Cletus, I collect up a lot of Buck Knives, but they are (or were) "standard issue" - the older the better. What you need is to meet some of the BCCI guys who focus on the limited edition/custom shop knives. For the most part they hang out at the Blade Forum Buck Knives sub-forum. I hang there too and enjoy it; here we're mostly outdoorsmen/users, not hardcore collectors. There are several guys here (like me, Bert, Dogg) who hit both forums - you'll find you're welcome at both hangouts - Buck guys love talking Buck Knives. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

I am not a collector either, this was a gift from my workplace.
Buck Chip Flint custom.JPG
They know how I enjoy knives.
It has a number but no info on who or why.
Buck Chip Flint number.JPG
I use knives rather hard and this one sits on a shelf because of what it is.
Buck Chip Flint from factory.JPG
Buck does make a variety of custom editions.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Wow Phaeton, that was one fantastic gift! Nice. OH
OleBuck

Post by OleBuck »

Gee, no one answered this. The Ranger Skinner shown by the OP has an Ironwood handle with a Mammoth tooth accent. It can be found in the 2013 BUCK catalog. 0113IWSLE cat #7350 You already know it was a limited edition of 250.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”