More ebay bidding idiocy

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

More ebay bidding idiocy

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GANZO-Razor-sh ... 2872488002

Are these bidders simply insane??

You can buy this exact knife for $18!
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/100 ... el-folding
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: More ebay bidding idiocy

Post by QTCut5 »

I think a lot of people are just plain lazy and don't want to put in the time to do any research. Also, they're driven by emotion more than logic. Consider these two identical Hen & Rooster Coffin Jacks. One sold at auction for $158.49 (+$4.88 s/h) while there were two available from the dealer for only $48.44 BIN (with free shipping). Go figure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIB-VINTAGE-BE ... true&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hen-Rooster-Fo ... .l4275.c10

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If you could contact the looser you could offer him a special deal, same knife for only $100 (plus shipping of course).
kj
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

One of my biggest fears.... is one of my feebay purchases will in up in a thread like this. :oops: ::facepalm::
TwoFlowersLuggage

I think you might be correct that some people are just lazy, but it baffles me how you can be too lazy to do a simple google search of "Ganzo 7211". The first result is the Ganzo factory page showing the MSRP of $25. But, I guess that didn't stop Bladeplay from selling them for $35, and they sold out very quickly.

Maybe I should buy as many as I can for $18, spray paint the handles zombie green, and then sell them on ebay as a "rare factory special order" for $200. Of course, living in California, I can't really do that - I can possess an automatic knife over 2 inches, but I can't carry it or sell it. :roll:
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Maybe I should buy as many as I can for $18, spray paint the handles zombie green, and then sell them on ebay as a "rare factory special order" for $200.
Can't tell you how many times I have considered doing just that...and not even altering the knife, just buy it and flip it...catch & release, like so many people are doing with every new Northwoods and many new GEC releases. If you've been paying much attention, you know the profits can be ridiculous, 100% and greater...it's obscene. Don't get me wrong, I understand the workings of free-market capitalism, but when it comes to knives, for some reason I find this practice disgusting and reprehensible. Perhaps that's because as a collector, I am more passionate about knives than some other product (widget) or commodity (pork bellies) where it's a common and acceptable practice to buy low and sell high. I also find the mad dash blind lolly scramble that has become the norm and practically the only way to get a new Northwoods for the dealer's retail price from KSF to be absurd and undignified. However, if you've ever visited the NYSE on Wall Street, this is business as usual; a lot of yelling, pushing & shoving, etc. It's like Black Friday at Walmart every day...or, at least it used to be...the last time I actually visited the NYSE was over 30 years ago when floor traders were still scribbling notes on scraps of paper and dog-piling in a scrum of crushing shoulders and jabbing elbows like teenagers rushing the gate at a Who concert every time a particular stock price suddenly did something that got them foaming at the mouth. Humans are a strange species, indeed, and all too often cause me to question if the "sapiens" suffix of "homo-sapiens" isn't somewhat of an egotistical, undeserved misnomer.

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
TwoFlowersLuggage

lol - one of my common responses to the antics of my fellow humans is: "I grieve for our species." ::tounge::
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

This one happened the other day. A $30 Lightning OTF went for $158.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-blac ... SwAbhakMR1
Some switchblades are getting through and selling for crazy prices. If you have any autos you want to part with now is the time on ebay ::tu::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

It's a funny thing with auctions.
I worked for a hire company we hired out lawnmower plus other items.
When the lawnmower were a few years old we would sell them at a auction sale.
The best ones we sold first.We received less money for the best,as the auction went on and the last couple was auctioned the buyers who were waiting to get one cheap though the would miss out and started bidding.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Like the man said, "There's one born every day."
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”