Ugliest Knife Ever Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
just bob

Ugliest Knife Ever Made

Post by just bob »

OK what do you consider the world's ugliest knife ever made? Here is my nomination. I'd just like to know how much cheap liquor you'd have to consume before you could dream something like this up? I'm just not seeing this and don't think it is possible they sold over 5 of these.
Attachments
zzzzz.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
knife7knut

Re: Ugliest Knife Ever Made

Post by knife7knut »

Looks like one of those Franklin Mint knives. I have one I consider pretty ugly but it was a handmade piece. I bought it just because it was so ugly. Stamped "Ruth 1990" and decorated with a pair of crossed eyes on one side and what looks like a snake on the other it is made out of a piece of 1/4" thick steel that has the most horrible grinds I have ever seen. I have a few more but this one gets my ugly vote.
Attachments
Ruth099 1.jpg
Ruth099 2.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Most any leg knife! ::barf::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

just bob wrote:OK what do you consider the world's ugliest knife ever made? Here is my nomination. I'd just like to know how much cheap liquor you'd have to consume before you could dream something like this up? I'm just not seeing this and don't think it is possible they sold over 5 of these.
I've had worse, I don't think it's that bad.
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

For me it's a tie between a toothpick and a muskrat, any size. ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf::
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
bdev

Post by bdev »

Maybe not the ugliest knife out there but the Case Russlock is an acquired taste.
The spear version is even uglier. ::nod::
case russlock (1).JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I agree with Ken. As a pattern I think the Leg knives are singularly unattractive. ::td::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

just bob wrote:OK what do you consider the world's ugliest knife ever made? Here is my nomination. I'd just like to know how much cheap liquor you'd have to consume before you could dream something like this up? I'm just not seeing this and don't think it is possible they sold over 5 of these.
Shoot, and I have been working on carving one of these.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
eveled

Post by eveled »

pocketknives006_zpsb5e12d68.jpg
When we was a kid I was fishing with my friends. They all walked over a carved stick in the path. It was a fish about 14 inches long. I picked it up and it was a fishing knife, the tail was the handle and the body was the sheath. It just looked like a carved fish a kid would carve. It was pretty ugly.

One of my friends wanted it so bad he traded me a gold knife for a watch chain. I thought it was pretty sweet trade. It's the shiny one on the blade of my KaBar.

Funny nobody likes leg knives. I like the big ones with the blade from a toothpick knife, the heel can be used to open bottles. So it's a useful design. I'm not a fan of the small ones with the clip point blade.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

ken98k wrote:Most any leg knife! ::barf::
How about a,"boot" knife? Or maybe a,"dogs head"?
Attachments
5Knives5.jpg
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I thought this would be a thread about the Opinel. Butt ugly knife with good steel.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Figured I would post this one up along with the story on how I acquired it. Story is longer than the knife.
To start with my family has always had an artistic bent. Both of my uncles as well as my mother and grandfather were all artists of some note. One of my uncles made a comment at one point in time that I would NEVER be a sign painter because I was left handed and would always be running into my work as I painted. Basically the reason I became a sign painter.
Anyway his son Jack(who was also very artistic)became a collector of Indian artifacts(among other things)and sadly passed away at the age of 31 from a brain aneurism.
My uncle(whom I had little contact with)called me one day and mentioned that he was sorting through some stuff that Jack had left at his shop and among them was this knife. He didn't know much about it but as he knew I collected knives thought I might like to have it.
I said sure and a couple days later drove up to his shop. After some small talk he gave me the knife and asked how my business was doing. I said fine and then he said:" You know my regular sign painter is on vacation and I need a sign for a job I'm doing and was wondering if you could do it for me".
More than 25 years had passed since he had made that pronouncement about my sign painting abilities and without hesitating I said:" Gee I don't know Uncle Arthur;you know I'm left handed and would probably smear it all up by running into the letters as I paint them!" He looked at me and couldn't believe I remembered what he had said. I told him that was my motivation to become a sign painter;just to prove him wrong.
We had a good laugh about it and I did paint his sign.
And that is the story of how I got this ugly knife.
It appears to have been made from an old butcher knife and along the sides of the blade have been carved a snake and an arrow.The handle is a single piece of bone(not sure from what or whom)that is filled with lead and wrapped with thin sheet copper. Have no idea of it's age but no doubt that it is authentic as Jack collected some pretty wild stuff.
Attachments
IndianTradeKnife2018 1.JPG
IndianTradeKnife2018 2.JPG
IndianTradeKnife2018 3.JPG
IndianTradeKnife2018 4.JPG
IndianTradeKnife2018 5.JPG
IndiantradeKnife2018 6.JPG
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

I vote "at least" up to this point in the thread....
Ray,, you are the winner with the long story knife ::dang::

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

wow.jpg
I'm with ya Ray....BUT...stole this one from the interweb....My twistmaster needs this treatment
Craig

Return to “General Knife Discussion”