A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
Redhawk44357

Post by Redhawk44357 »

Ok, first of all I am very impressed with all the work shown on the site. I have a few books and a couple of knives so what would be a good project to get my feet wet? And any other suggestions will be well appreciated.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: newbie

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK Welcome Sign - New+.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

The first time I picked up a stick and a knife, all I made was a pile of wood chips...

Come to think of it, that was also the last time I tried to carve something out of wood...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Welcome Redhawk, seems like usually what I start out to do and what I finish with are not always the same. A couple of chain links were my first endeavor.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Forgot to mention Redhawk, as soon as you get something cut down to size be sure and send a picture of it and the knife you used. Looking forward to seeing it.
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Welcome to the forum
Redhawk44357

Post by Redhawk44357 »

I have my block laid out for ball in cage and will be "attacking" it shortly. The knife i use will probably be one I got from a local knife maker who also whittles and carves. Is there a post on how to post pictures? Remember...I am of the older generation and not very tech smart.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Redhawk, I'm not very tech savy either. When I hit reply and the box comes up, I hit the attachments tab at the lower left hand and my pictures are downloaded from my computer from there. I bet there are others that could give better advice though. Maybe look under faq tab. I look forward to seeing your ball in cage. Mine usually wind up jelly beans in a cage.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Welcome!

Click on this for posting pics ---> https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... 98&t=50258
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”