looking for any info on this pocket knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
sabinerat

looking for any info on this pocket knife

Post by sabinerat »

a friend dug this the other day metal detecting can any one give me the age and brand we figure 30s it was a old football field where it was dug thanks for any info
Attachments
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: looking for any info on this pocket knife

Post by bestgear »

::welcome:: to AAPK. Sorry I can help with the identification but someone will be along who can. I'll bet that metal detector was screaming when the knife was found ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

Sabinerat,
I can't tell a lot from the picture so I'll give you my best guess. The brand looks like maybe a Kutmaster or Utica and I'd say you are probably close on the age, 1930's to 1940's. It looks like it has iron bolsters and the scales are celluloid. Like I said, just guessing and someone will probably come along with better information. I hope this will help.
Ricky
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Not sure about the manufacturer but I think Bamarick is on the right track. Your knife has what looks to be a staple type shield. The pointed ends of the shield are bent and then pressed into the celluloid handle material. I've seen this type of shield on Utica brand knives among others. I remember having a Utica brand knife with the exact same type of celluloid handles.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “General Knife Discussion”