.........dec. 7, 1941

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

.........dec. 7, 1941

Post by carrmillus »

..............12/7/1941........hope everyone remembers what happened on this day, 76 years ago!!.....I was less than 4 years old, so I don't remember that day, but I have memories of later on, sitting in the living room with my mom and dad, huddled around the big old philco floor model radio listening to the war news. my dad didn't serve, he was 4F because of a double hernia, but he quit his regular job and filled in for one of the policeman who had been drafted. I do remember VE and VJ day, and the big celebrations at the wars end!!.......again, hope everyone remembers!!!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .....................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: .........dec. 7, 1941

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks Tommy. I'm getting so forgetful, I appreciate the reminder. I wasn't even a twinkle for another three years.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I wasn't around then, however, as a Veteran, I always recognize our Military each and every day. I also am sure to remember those that lost their lives during that attack. I have been fortunate to have visited the Arizona Memorial on three seperate occasions and find it to be a fantastic tribute the the folks who lost their lives during the attack.

My thoughts and prayers go out for all who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedom!

Tom
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Chase wrote:I wasn't around then, however, as a Veteran, I always recognize our Military each and every day. I also am sure to remember those that lost their lives during that attack. I have been fortunate to have visited the Arizona Memorial on three seperate occasions and find it to be a fantastic tribute the the folks who lost their lives during the attack.

My thoughts and prayers go out for all who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedom!

Tom
.......I always wanted to see the ARIZONA memorial!!......my uncle was a gun director on the USS WASHINGTON, which was the only US battleship to sink a jap battleship(kirishima) 1 on 1, at Guadalcanal!!!................ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..........
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: When I was in the Navy we visited Pearl harbor numerous times and I have visited the Memorial. Our ship was moored at a pier close to the memorial and when I went to breakfast I would see the sun come up by it. A real beautiful sight to see! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I could never forget that day, though it was long before my time.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”