Yellowhorse Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
just bob

Yellowhorse Knife

Post by just bob »

I bought this knife for the wrong reason - it was cheap. This looks to be a genuine Yellowhorse knife with the trademark signature and logo. In looking at his other knives they are usually more decked out and many were Case, Buck, or other major brands. Any idea on this knife as to who the maker was or even if it is a genuine Yellowhorse. Any such thing as a knock off? I'd appreciate all comments.
Attachments
b 1.JPG
b 2.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Kulrich

Re: Yellowhorse Knife

Post by Kulrich »

Looks like a United product from early to mid 2000's.
Freedom: You have the right to be you, I have the right to be free of you.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Your right Bob...ALL knives I have ever seen by him are tricked out in some way....
saw a knifemaker a year or so ago at the big Wolverine Knife Club / Michigan Antique Arms knife show
with 3-4 different knives but all made with same blade like yours
Said they were genuine DY blades, but he made em them into knives
Also, in the last 5 yrs, I have bought the wife 4-5 pieces of Navajo made goodies.. as sometimes
on my way to winter camp in Arizona, I go right thru the middle north to south of the rez
I go thru right after Labor Day, and run up on a lot of roadside venders
A Navajo fella had 3 knives he made and said the blades were DY, he made the knives himself
That Rez is huge !!! Sets up in the NE corner of Arizona
Bet there is one fact a lot of folk's do not know, unless you have drove across and realize how big
the Navajo Rez is.....bigger than 10 of the 50 US states, including West Virginia !!!

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Kulrich, I think you are correct. Here is my DY/United from early 2000s.On this Three Blade Trapper the DY is thinner than that on the other knife but don't know if that has any significance. I have never seen such a plain knife marked DY.
P1020087.JPG
P1020086.JPG

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”