Are There Any FOOTBALL Fans On The Forum?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
MITCH RAPP

Re: Are There Any FOOTBALL Fans On The Forum?

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Got my Beer Chillin' as we speak!
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

big monk wrote:Should be a """Whopper Stopper"" of a game tonight ( Reigning Champs vrs. reigning Heisman Trophy winner*** ) ::ds::

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking Lamar might be on the run for the better part of the game. That defensive front for Clemson is outstanding! ::nod::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Having watched Clemson's ascent on a weekly basis focusing heavily on the ACC, I am basically at the point where someone has to prove to me on the field that Clemson isn't headed back to the title game (probably against Bama).

We can finally settle this ACC/SEC thing once and for all. :mrgreen:
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Tuned in the Texas Tech vs. Houston game yesterday expecting to see over 100 combined points scored. While watching my Texas Tech Red Raiders prevail I kept asking myself "who are these guys"? ::shrug:: Texas Tech had 200 yards rushing? Only 24 points scored on their defense? (Just 17 when it counted - the last 7 were scored in "garbage time" at the end). Holy Spike Dykes! :lol:

Still not sure they're for real, but should find out a lot next week - Tech is hosting Oklahoma State, who got burned yesterday by a pretty good TCU team.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
big monk

Post by big monk »

HOW BOUT' THEM TIGERS !!!!!! ::ds::

The Play-Off Committee will have a lot to talk about this week ::hmm:: --- Mrs. Monk & I will be heading to Charlotte,next Saturday for the ACC Championship Game ( Clemson vrs. Miami ) -- should be another ""big time game"" ???? will be interesting to see what the rankings are this week,with all the "up-sets"" ____________________________________ GO TIGERS !!!!!!
Attachments
34-10.jpg
ACC Football Championship .png
ACC Football Championship .png (12.04 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
big monk

Post by big monk »

Since the arrival of King Saban in Tuscaloosa, Al. The question at the beginning of each season is always "Can Anybody beat Bama?" What an impressive run he has had there. National titles out the yingyang and a steady flow of players in to the NFL. If you are a fan of one of the also rans Which is the category that I fall into this time of the year is filled with hope and anxious anticipation the likes of which no other sport compares. So I can barely wait for Sept. 2nd. And one more thing:

WAR EAGLE GO AUBURN![/quote]

Congrats to the ""other Tigers"" on a great win today ::tu:: _________ Greg,you may get a chance for a re-match, if things go well ???

GO Clemson Tigers ::ds:: ::ds::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

big monk wrote:Since the arrival of King Saban in Tuscaloosa, Al. The question at the beginning of each season is always "Can Anybody beat Bama?" What an impressive run he has had there. National titles out the yingyang and a steady flow of players in to the NFL. If you are a fan of one of the also rans Which is the category that I fall into this time of the year is filled with hope and anxious anticipation the likes of which no other sport compares. So I can barely wait for Sept. 2nd. And one more thing:

WAR EAGLE GO AUBURN!
Congrats to the ""other Tigers"" on a great win today ::tu:: _________ Greg,you may get a chance for a re-match, if things go well ???

GO Clemson Tigers ::ds:: ::ds:: [/quote]
Monk I was ecstatic last night to hear the Tide go down I didn't get to watch the game so I'm going to fire up the DVD this morning and check it out. Auburn offensive line has improved immensely since they played Clemson,so if we can handle Georgia again in the Championship game I'm looking forward to a rematch. This year is really getting interesting now! ::tu::

WAR EAGLE!
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Greg, what you're gonna see is your QB from Stephenville, Texas by way of Baylor is the real deal! You're gonna have a lot of fun watching that kid play.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Greg, what you're gonna see is your QB from Stephenville, Texas by way of Baylor is the real deal! You're gonna have a lot of fun watching that kid play.

Ken
Ken he is really starting to get comfortable with Gus's offense. Just what we have been looking for , a QB that can play.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.....being a lifelong MISS. STATE fan, I REALLY enjoyed that game!!!!!............... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .................
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Tommy, for some reason it's always satisfying to see another SEC team beat Bama when you root for any if the other SEC schools. ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Go easy on us Guys.

Alabama got whupped, in almost every aspect of the game. ::facepalm::

My problem now is, do I want Georgia to beat Auburn, making them a three loss team or do I want Auburn to go all the way and bring the National Championship back to our State?

If Bama is not listed in the playoff final four and Auburn is, I will definitely be rooting for Auburn.

I am a Bama fan, but I am not an Auburn hater, which I believe to be a ridiculous and energy wasting endeavor.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

................I admire you for that, charley!!!..I'm a miss. state dyed in the wool fan, but there ain't no way I'd ever root for o-e m--s!!!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...........
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Monsieur Dogg.

Raiders vs Patriots
NFL regular season
Sunday, November 19, 1:25 PM on CBS
Estadio Azteca, Mexico City

We may have to make a little Gentleman's Side Bet, when the time comes! ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Hey Mitch,since I have been boycotting the National Felon League ::tear:: ::disgust:: how'd we do on the 19th of November in the year 2017 against yer Oakland or is it LA or is it Mexico Raiders ::hmm:: or the A.K.A. Not For Long league ::barf::
Attachments
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I can relate. At our house we're long-suffering fans of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Who beat the haughty "our xxxx don't stink" Texas Longhorns on Friday! ::ds:: ::tu:: Most fans of other schools in the Big 12 cheer for anybody that's playing Texas or Oklahoma. My sons and daughter-in-law are Tech alumni. They have some cousins who are Texas alums, and some cousins who are Tech alums. The standing bet is, every year the losers of that game have to wear the winning team's colors to the family Christmas dinner. So the attire this year will be red and black! At Tech a coach can pretty much keep his job forever if he can just beat Texas with some regularity, so I'm sure Kingsbury will be back for at least one more year. ::dang::

There's one cousin and his wife who are Texas Aggies, but since A&M wandered off to the SEC several years ago in a futile search for riches and fame, they no longer count. No one except Aggie fans pay any attention to them any more. ::sotb::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

RobesonsRme.com

Clemson V Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

HooBoy.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I watch this forum some. Does anyone watch the NFL? I haven't watched a game since week 2. I haven't watched ESPN either. Just curious.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::td:: well I see the pretty boys of the SEC got picked again for the playoffsIts glad to see a team get in without winning the conference championship. But that's Alabama, no words can be clean enough to how I feel about Alabama I can't stand the team or the coach, they could be picked to play even with a 0-12 record.OSU had that one bad loss and that kept them out, sad! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I'm still sulking, beat Bama and Georgia and both of them still get in! :x
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

espn77 wrote:I watch this forum some. Does anyone watch the NFL? I haven't watched a game since week 2. I haven't watched ESPN either. Just curious.
I'm with you. I haven't watched a game since week 2.
And I hadn't missed a Chicago Bears game in years.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I have pretty much quit watching the NFL. My only exception is the Cowboys. I have been a fan since day one so I still watch them.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
RobesonsRme.com

If I had my druthers, they would eliminate the committee and the playoffs and go back to routine bowl selection by the respective bowl committees and let the coaches and sports writers polls rank the teams.

There will never be an equitable nor fully acceptable playoff scheme

Ever.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:If I had my druthers, they would eliminate the committee and the playoffs and go back to routine bowl selection by the respective bowl committees and let the coaches and sports writers polls rank the teams.

Ever.

Charlie
I believe the scheme used for the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and NCAA basketball is about as equitable as you can get, and delivers a true champion. It's not "fully acceptable" to everyone because fans are not rational and never will be. In basketball every year we hear fans of some team that finished 5th in their conference with a 17-11 season record griping because (in their opinion) their team that did not get selected is better than some other team with a similar record that did get selected. "We should have been in the tournament field instead of them!" What I don't hear those gripers saying is "our team would have won the National Championship."

Those schemes are far better than what exists today in the Bowl Subdivision. In addition to basketball, they work well in football for the smaller colleges (FCS) and they work well for high schools in states where they are used. The only thing preventing similar from being used at the major college level is $$$$$! I'm of the opinion that with some compromise the existing bowls could be fit into a scheme similar to what the FCS uses today, with a championship tournament starting field of 32 teams. Here we are on December 4th, the conference championship games have been played, and the NCAA National Championship game is still 5 weeks away. 32 team single elimination tournament fits perfectly!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I don't care about seeing purity in college sports cause no system is going to deliver what's not there to start with - it's a big money game and that rules the roost. That said I do want to see some great bowl games and I think we are going to get that. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
RobesonsRme.com wrote:If I had my druthers, they would eliminate the committee and the playoffs and go back to routine bowl selection by the respective bowl committees and let the coaches and sports writers polls rank the teams.

Ever.

Charlie
I believe the scheme used for the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and NCAA basketball is about as equitable as you can get, and delivers a true champion. It's not "fully acceptable" to everyone because fans are not rational and never will be. In basketball every year we hear fans of some team that finished 5th in their conference with a 17-11 season record griping because (in their opinion) their team that did not get selected is better than some other team with a similar record that did get selected. "We should have been in the tournament field instead of them!" What I don't hear those gripers saying is "our team would have won the National Championship."

Those schemes are far better than what exists today in the Bowl Subdivision. In addition to basketball, they work well in football for the smaller colleges (FCS) and they work well for high schools in states where they are used. The only thing preventing similar from being used at the major college level is $$$$$! I'm of the opinion that with some compromise the existing bowls could be fit into a scheme similar to what the FCS uses today, with a championship tournament starting field of 32 teams. Here we are on December 4th, the conference championship games have been played, and the NCAA National Championship game is still 5 weeks away. 32 team single elimination tournament fits perfectly!

Ken
::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”