So What's Next?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
MadTrapper

So What's Next?

Post by MadTrapper »

As of today I understand that the 81's, 78's, and 43's are in the works but maybe not in that order. Has there been any scuttle on what's coming after these patterns? I know GEC doesn't reveal anything too far out but was simply curious if I'd missed something along the way on what may be coming after the aforementioned patterns... ::hmm::
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: So What's Next?

Post by Railsplitter »

I think you've got it covered. I've read that the 78's are going to be a huge run so those three patterns will keep them busy for quite awhile. Probably through the end of the year or longer. The 43 pattern number is 431118 meaning it will be a 2018 release. Taking GEC's popularity into consideration, I think we will hear about anything new on their schedule shortly after it's announced.

Not much help, I know, but I think you know as much as the rest of us. By the way, check your PM's. I sent you a question yesterday on a different subject. Thanks.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Thanks Railsplitter, that's kinda what I thought. I wasn't sure if something else for down the road had been mentioned somewhere along the line or not. I believe you're correct in that the 78's are going to take awhile. I guess we'll have to wait it out and see what 2018 brings...

Thanks again.
Tennessee Vol

Post by Tennessee Vol »

It's always a joy to hit the "What's happening" link to see what they are currently making. Then the wait begins to see how long it takes to reach the different distributors after the final inspections. GEC has this carrot on a stick thing down pat :)
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

ON their webpage it is showing some of the 81's in production!
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Tennessee Vol wrote:GEC has this carrot on a stick thing down pat :)
They most certainly do! :x
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Its a Gunstock! Nice looking drawings. I hope it's offered in some decent handle materials. I don't care for acrylics...
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

MadTrapper wrote:Its a Gunstock! Nice looking drawings. I hope it's offered in some decent handle materials. I don't care for acrylics...
Horn and mammoth would make me an instant yes. Of course, the gunstock pattern is a pretty high enticement to begin with.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”