guns are nice, too.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
tongueriver

guns are nice, too.

Post by tongueriver »

peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: guns are nice, too.

Post by peanut740 »

They have set up at the Blade Show in the past.They sell very over priced switch blades also.They have also had some of their shotguns on display.They were in the mid 5 figures if memory serves.A side note they also had some expensive looking hostesses also. ::tu::
Roger
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Interestin' site but way, way out of my league!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Too rich for my blood, but nice to look at.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:Too rich for my blood, but nice to look at.
Yeah, me too.... :( I think you can go a hundred grand with some of the engraving, but possibly half that. I will never know. I do know that the best shotguns in the world have come out of Italy now for some fifty years. Before that England ruled, with some outstanding makers in Scotland, Germany, and ( :shock: ) even France. Spain has been up and coming for many years but they are not quite there with the best. In (about) 1976 my friend Pony Duke (of the North Carolina tobacco and university family) called me up and said "Cal, I am headed for Denmark for driven pheasants and I will pay your way and let you use one of my cased pre-war Purdeys." I said "Well, I would love to go but I am a little stretched and I can pick up some overtime here." FOOL! IDIOT! What a memory that would have been. Now Pony and most of my friends are dead and gone, and I am still "a little stretched." :(
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Cal: Life is what it is, but what a missed opportunity. :(
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

tongueriver wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:Too rich for my blood, but nice to look at.
Yeah, me too.... :( I think you can go a hundred grand with some of the engraving, but possibly half that. I will never know. I do know that the best shotguns in the world have come out of Italy now for some fifty years. Before that England ruled, with some outstanding makers in Scotland, Germany, and ( :shock: ) even France. Spain has been up and coming for many years but they are not quite there with the best. In (about) 1976 my friend Pony Duke (of the North Carolina tobacco and university family) called me up and said "Cal, I am headed for Denmark for driven pheasants and I will pay your way and let you use one of my cased pre-war Purdeys." I said "Well, I would love to go but I am a little stretched and I can pick up some overtime here." FOOL! IDIOT! What a memory that would have been. Now Pony and most of my friends are dead and gone, and I am still "a little stretched." :(
Just a question of priorities and family ALWAYS comes first. You don't have anything to be sorry for! ::tu::
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”