Old Remington knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
LDF Knives

Old Remington knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Want to know a Remington 3 blade Cocobolo with acorn Shield once is a punch and it has Remington UMC in the circle no made in USA around the circle, what decade could this be? and it's has no machine stamped on the tang heard some was just inked that has worn off. looks more like a Jack with a long pull on the master blade thanks for any inputs replied :D
kootenay joe

Re: Old Remington knives

Post by kootenay joe »

Some good pictures are totally needed here. Lots of possibilities, fake, replaced blades, all original, reproduction, etc.
minimum: all blades open, both sides, close up of tang area to see if signs of grinding, removing markings. And , all blades open looking down on spine of knife.
Then the replies will come flooding in !
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

KJ is right, some good in-focus pictures would help. Does the stamp look like one of these? https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/co ... ng-stamps/

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

LDF Knives wrote:Want to know a Remington 3 blade Cocobolo with acorn Shield once is a punch and it has Remington UMC in the circle no made in USA around the circle, what decade could this be? and it has no machine stamped on the tang heard some was just inked that has worn off. looks more like a Jack with a long pull on the master blade thanks for any inputs replied :D
Sorry no photo my SD slot don't work ::td::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"my SD slot don't work"
that makes getting info about any knife you have almost impossible. Many knives are not what is stamped on the blade tang so we try to 'read the knife', like what pattern, blade arrangement, alignment of springs & blades, etc. long list. Hence we need to see good pics or have knife in hand to be able to say anything reliable.
time for a new computer for you ?
kj
Jacknifeben

Re: Old Remington knives R943 2 blade toothpick

Post by Jacknifeben »

Not too many of these on eBay. R943 bone handled toothpick.
Attachments
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2070.JPG
IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
espn77

Re: Old Remington knives R943 2 blade toothpick

Post by espn77 »

Jacknifeben wrote:Not too many of these on eBay. R943 bone handled toothpick.
I would agree with you on that. I've never seen one. Very nice in really good shape. ::tu::
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The Remington toothpicks with the UMC shield you see regularly. But without a shield you see less often. Theses two a R953 and a R1293 I see less of. The R1293 I see very few of. Yours is more rare than mine.
Attachments
20171014_182944.jpg
20171014_183003.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”