Case "Script" shield...

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
americanedgetech

Case "Script" shield...

Post by americanedgetech »

Hi guys, New to the forum, and full of hope for a great future here.
I'm trying to learn so please bear with me.

On several Case knives I have seen the word "Case xx" inlay-ed in a script font. It's on a 2001 Russlock that I own as well.
I am trying to find when that script was first used, and why. Also why is it used on some (seemingly random) knives today?

I haven't figured out posting images yet so I apologize in advance for leaving it up to your knowledge to know what I am referring to.
Thanks<
Ken ::tu::

Think I have an image from your gallery...
app.php/gallery/image/9376/medium
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case "Script" shield...

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK! I've seen probably a half-dozen different versions of the "silver script" inlaid shields, including script, block letters, and other designs. Some are regular production runs, some are SFOs. I don't know when Case started doing it, but someone who does know will likely see your post and let us know. If not you could email or call Case and ask. http://Www.wrcase.com As to "why" they did it, I'm not aware of any special occasion - I suspect Case's marketing department thought it would sell.

Several years ago when I toured the Case factory they were rightfully proud of their laser, which is used for many different tasks. They can cut or "etch" any design with it. Quite possibly cutting fancy inlays in handles is one of the uses. Nice look - since lots of folks collect the various versions, I'd be surprised if Case doesn't continue releasing new versions.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ken, welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

We have an entire forum here that's dedicated to instructions on how to do a variety things on the forum. It's called "AAPK Tips & Tricks", and is located here ---> viewforum.php?f=98

How to post pictures is the very first thread in the Topics section.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
americanedgetech

Thank you both very much.
Ken, I did in fact send an email to Case (at the link you provided), and one to the Case Collectors Club. I also posted this same question on Blade Forums.
All of these attempts were around 2-3 weeks ago.

No response from either email, and 100 something views on BF, and still no answers/replies.

One evening I spent around 6-7 hours researching on the net, and I also have spent days scouring dozens of books on Google Books. The earliest I could find was in the 1950's but that same author listed it as being used many time before with no mention of the reason or earliest use..

This is one of those OCD things that will drive me nuts, until I find out.

Jerry, Thank you for the link to the instructions. I kept trying different ways to post images until I had to beat my keyboard into confetti.
I love my NEW keyboard tho so it turned out well. My next stop is the instructional threads. Can't afford another keyboard... ::mdm::
Ken Mc.

americanedgetech

Kind of bumping this because it is the same issue I am facing in every venue I pursue.

Case as a company has not replied to TWO emails asking this, Case Collectors club has not replied to ONE email.
No replies on another forum, and it's been posted for a month with a couple hundred views. A 40 year Case collector I know does not know, and he knows a LOT about Case.
I didn't look to see the number of views here today but it is a fair amount last time I looked (a couple days ago).

Someone has to know this! Seems like a basic set of questions... ::hmm::

Thanks again guys. I'll leave this thread alone unless someone has another recommendation as to how to find the info. I even tried the "Way Back Machine" on google. Too much reading that lead nowhere.

Thx
Ken

Oh... Here is the knife that started my interest, Sorry for the bad image but it is all I have for now
Attachments
p.jpg
Ken Mc.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”