Pressbutton guardian pair

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
knfcollector

Pressbutton guardian pair

Post by knfcollector »

I was fortunate to come across a heretofore unknown variation of a Pressbutton Knife Co guardian in the size of a PB "Buisness". I would be interested in any comments as well information regarding its manufacture, such as any catalog reference or any knowledge of the existence of another you may know of. Note the lovely "Guardian" etch.
Attachments
RenderedContent-88D70EF7-EB8B-45C1-BF0A-82637110A226.JPG
RenderedContent-FB483C66-0593-423E-AFD8-2F162FEFA5E6.JPG
RenderedContent-7A260464-9FE2-4B27-8426-AA5B59380533.JPG
KNFCOLLECTOR
rexstubbins

Re: Pressbutton guardian pair

Post by rexstubbins »

WOW - Those are nice.

All I know is from reference books and Pressbutton Knife Co was founded by George Schrade and operated between 1982 to 1923

Edit - Oops - Dyslexic fingers meant from 1892 to 1923
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Wow!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Roger
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Beautiful knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Thanks. This is one of the rarest Pressbutton that I am aware of. I'm blessed to own it.
KNFCOLLECTOR
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

What Roger said "WOW"!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Those are really , really cool knives. Fortunate man.
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

Amazing find, congrats. ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Impressive! Those were designed to reside in a jacket pocket or holster. great tools!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0auH7eCAJw
This is one of the most desired American made switchblades and is on many collectors Holy Grail list. Named the 'Guardian' from the Press Button Knife Co. patented in 1892 and designed by George Schrade. This model, with nickle silver fixed-guards, was only made for a few years and is very hard to find. This knife is in exceptional condition and a true beauty to look at.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8kwzq8CiQ
Interview with Tom Marino at Parkers Knife Show. Tom is an enthusiastic collector of the Press Button Knife and all the history related to it and its inventor, Mr. George Schrade.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

We're slowly returning to the "glory days" of automatic knives. We need to learn to enjoy these times and bask in the glow by purchasing and using these knives, regardless of their origin.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi men.
I was reading through some posts and saw this interesting tid-bit. I am waiting for a knife like the smaller Guardian that is featured here, my friend has on hold for me, however the one I wait for is the little Victor. This shows two sizes available. I have included a photo of an advertisement that shows the different sizes available for the Victor, and I am sure the same applied for the Guardian. The catalog this is from is a third party, Schoverling, Daly and Gales, of NY. Notice the Schrade Cut Co Forest King underneath, so this is an all around catalog, not Press Button. The friend who supplied me with this information, told me that, retailers would order special style knives, that would be produced for them by Press Button, and they would sell them exclusively. I have a Schrade Hunter coming that has the name of the company "Wester Stone Co.", the company that sold the knives, etched on the blade. I bring up the etching to reference another example of special orders. Thats about all of my two cents. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_8630.JPG
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
Knicks Knives & Things Store
AAPK Class of 2013
https://allaboutpocketknives.com/nick
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Men-
Been a while but I wanted to get back to this post for a while. I wanted to share my most recent pickup in supplement to this post on the PressButton Guardian and Little Guardian. I just got this Little Victor from a very good friend. I thought it would compliment the Guardian post. I hope you men enjoy, these are pictures of my PressButton Knives and the newest addition, the Little Victor.I have seen another member a few years ago, also had one of these Little Victor knives and shared some photos.
Thanks-
Nick
Attachments
PressButton Knives
PressButton Knives
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Very nice grouping Nick. Yes the business size Victor was produced, although how many and for how long is unknown for sure. I’m assuming it was a short production run or special order as I’ve only seen a handful of these around, including the one I own. That’s a great score. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for a very long while.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks-
It must have been your Little Victor I was referring to. Someone posted it a few years ago on this forum, now I know it was yours. If you look at what I posted before the pictures, it is an advertisement from a hardware company, and reading it you can see the two different sizes the Victor came in. They gave the buyer a choice of two sizes. Very cool stuff.. thanks for sharing
———————————————————
Thanks -
Please visit:
AAPK Class of 2013

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”