....9/11/01......

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

....9/11/01......

Post by carrmillus »

.....has everyone forgotten what happened 16 years ago today??//...... ::shrug:: ................
FRJ

Re: ....9/11/01......

Post by FRJ »

Probably not.
I think of the attack frequently.
Joe
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Nope. We have several 9/11 events locally.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I said a prayer at 8:46am EDT........sadly, 16 years later, I still question whether we are prepared for another such attack.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Nope, it's etched in my mind likely till Alzheimer's or dementia or death comes my way. :( ::pray::
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Interesting you ask. I was talking to that with my wife yesterday. My daughter, 15, hears nothing about it in school. Knows very little about what took place. I remember the new very well from that day and the days to follow. How all Americans were so united and focused on making those pay. Possibly as much division in our country right now as there has ever been. Disappointing!!!!!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

My wife and I discussed this early this morning, recalling where we were when we first got the news. Something we won't forget! I watched some of the observances on the news today, it was heart wrenching to watch folks read the names and comment on their loved ones.
Semper Fi
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Like Big Homer, I will remember as long as I live or until some form of dementia wipes it from my brain cells.

Vice President Pence did a wonderful job of celebrating the heroes and passengers of Flight 93 in Shanksville this morning.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Forgotten :x HELL NO
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Each year I find the History channel does an excellent job "remembering" 9/11 and I'm thankful for that. I'm sure the MSM wishes we would all just forget and move on, but like you guys stated, that will not happen with me either as long as I have half a brain.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Even if this has been posted before, it's worth posting again. This is a 12 minute video that describes the largest sea evacuation ever conducted - 500,000 people in 9 hours. It started with a call from the Coast Guard for any available boat to report to Manhattan. These are regular guys that stepped up and did whatever it took. It's pretty inspiring to me.

Another thing to note on the YouTube video is that as of 9/11/2017 there are 693 thumbs down reviews of this video which makes me absolutely furious.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

garddogg56 wrote:Forgotten :x HELL NO

Same here Gdogg. I'll NEVER forget !
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Well I've learned something new. Thanks, RalphAlsip! I was totally unaware of that part of 9/11. What a great bunch of HEROS!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Caught part of a program last evening, "Inside The Pentagon, 9/11/2001.

Had never heard this before, but when the plane hit, it damaged the water systems, rendering the firefighters with little to no water pressure with which to fight the fires.

The Building Manager and a group of on-duty civilian maintenance workers , plumbers, electricians, etc. were inside the building, trying to repair that when word of another plane approaching was announced and everyone was ordered to evacuate to a distance of five-hundred feet. Those workers refused to abandon the task they were undertaking.

The plane turned out to be a U.S. Fighter Jet.

But, still, everyone thought a second airliner was coming just as a second plane had come to The World Trade Center.

And, I don't know if they still do it, but for years The National Geographic Channel has replayed the news reports and videos as they occurred on 9/11/2001.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

philco wrote:
garddogg56 wrote:Forgotten :x HELL NO

Same here Gdogg. I'll NEVER forget !
EVER ::disgust::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Caught part of a program last evening, "Inside The Pentagon, 9/11/2001.

Had never heard this before, but when the plane hit, it damaged the water systems, rendering the firefighters with little to no water pressure with which to fight the fires.

The Building Manager and a group of on-duty civilian maintenance workers , plumbers, electricians, etc. were inside the building, trying to repair that when word of another plane approaching was announced and everyone was ordered to evacuate to a distance of five-hundred feet. Those workers refused to abandon the task they were undertaking.

The plane turned out to be a U.S. Fighter Jet.

But, still, everyone thought a second airliner was coming just as a second plane had come to The World Trade Center.

And, I don't know if they still do it, but for years The National Geographic Channel has replayed the news reports and videos as they occurred on 9/11/2001.
..........I watched that last night too, Charlie!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: .......................
Charlie

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”