SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
zp4ja

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by zp4ja »

garddogg56 wrote:Everything about that picture is right even down too the Jeep ::tu:: Man I miss my Jeep, Lab and Springer ::teary_eyes::

Yes my friend, I understand. Jeeps are replaceable, our old friends are not. Sorry for the pain as I understand it. My Lab Nikki is 10-1/2 years old. She is getting slow in her step but I hope many more memories like today, and the upcoming and future hunting seasons. I know at some point soon it will be rough.

I have heard some say, dogs don't have souls. I don't agree with that personally. An animal(s) like that that has brought so much joy to me and others, certainly has a spot reserved in heaven in my opinion. I hope heaven has good waterfowl and big game hunting. I am sure it does. Too bad I can't bring my rifles and shotgun with me. I am sure the man upstairs has plenty I can borrow.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

espn77 wrote:Good looking dogs Jerry. Looks like they had a good day.
Thanks Keith! It was a good day my friend.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Jerry,
Great looking dogs! All we can do is take care of them, show them the respect they deserve and enjoy their company. I know mine fill my heart with joy!
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

CheckSix wrote:Jerry,
Great looking dogs! All we can do is take care of them, show them the respect they deserve and enjoy their company. I know mine fill my heart with joy!
Thanks Dave. Amen Brother. Let's chat soon. Hope life is well.

Jerry
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Have been at my sister's home in the Florida Panhandle this past week and today we visited with one of my nieces.

DeeDee is her nickname and this is her dog, Zeus.

Zeus is a French Mastiff or Dogue De Bordeaux and I have no idea how much he weighs.

He is, however, one of the most gentle, docile dogs I have ever seen.

There is an older Golden Retriever in the home and Zeus is totally submissive to him.

There are four children in the home. Three were in school and the boy, lucas, in the picture can play with the dogs with zero trouble. They just let him do whatever.

Zeus is just a big baby.

Don't know what he'd do if anybody tried to harm a family member and I chose not to test him on that.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
IMG_20170901_140958_edit.jpg
IMG_20170901_141011.jpg
IMG_20170901_140843_edit.jpg
IMG_20170901_140826_edit.jpg
IMG_20170901_132948_edit.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

If any saw the movie Turner and Hooch with Tom Hanks, then they saw this French Mastiff who was Hooch. Very entertaining film; well worth seeing.
RobesonsRme.com

As I understand it, prior to the release of Turner and Hooch, there were very few of this breed in the U.S.

Zeus is a three year old un-neutered male and has yet to be offered as stud.

Beautiful dog. Loved my wife, but a bit wary of me for some reason. He did finally let me pet him.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Charlie,
Just reread the last few pages of this thread and realized how big that pup, Zeus really is. ::woot:: What a great companion for that family, the only draw back would be feedin' the big rascal!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
RobesonsRme.com

Adult males weigh between 125 and 150lbs.

I suspect he's well within that range.

Beautiful dog.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
wlf

Post by wlf »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:
There are four children in the home. Three were in school and the boy, lucas, in the picture can play with the dogs with zero trouble. They just let him do whatever.

Charlie Noyes
My kinda dog and priority.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

JENNY.
IMG_0970.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Cal, Jenny is a cutie. Is she a miniature Schnauzer?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Cal, Jenny is a cutie. Is she a miniature Schnauzer? Ken
Yes. She is 12 and has started to age rapidly now. Like me. :(
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

My sons new dog Ginny is such a wonderful family pet.
Attachments
IMG_1127.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Great eyes on Ginny. ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I was amused last evening by Miss Joy's buddy, Flossie, an Aussiedor. What a way to sleep, that's her dog bed above her head. ::hmm::
Treefarmer
DSCN3888.JPG

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

We have a litter of English Shepherd pups, and another litter to be born any day. Lol. It’s babies everywhere right now.

Here’s the current Mom and Dad. The male dog wants to get to those puppies so bad and sniff them over, but momma won’t have it at all lol. Poor feller, this is her first litter and she hasn’t forgiven him yet.
D4F43204-C1A8-47E9-ABC6-FC3E19477AC8.jpeg
A20A3740-1B45-40F9-8B3D-CEDFD55827B2.jpeg
D2225FAF-6859-464F-BEFB-A07A6DC778E8.jpeg
218BB4AC-2E06-4A74-8CD4-58C19623128E.jpeg
27FA6A4F-6CB0-4DAB-BE43-093B4F481B84.jpeg
1DFED611-4C1A-4370-BAFE-503EEDD28501.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Jdub

Post by Jdub »

Here is Remington. Chocolate Lab of course. Dog came all the way from Muleshoe TX. Kieth gifted her to my kids. But she has become my dog. Best big dog I believe I have ever had. She is great with my kids which are 8-5-3. We were talking one day and we were talking how the kids need a dog. He began to tell me about this pup he had picked out of his litter and was gonna keep for himself..... well as you can see that didn’t work out like he planned. He drove the dog all the way from Muleshoe TX to Unicoi TN. Thank you kindly kieth we all appreciate her.
Attachments
E1023B0B-BA32-4B7B-88A0-BB6C5888F2FC.jpeg
BB312FEE-F6C3-4BE8-B8F5-30990E327F08.jpeg
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Justin, she was the pick of the litter. Your family is the perfect home for her. ::tu::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Not my dog but she don't mind making herself to home. It's a good deal for me I get my petting fix a send her on her way.
Attachments
20171101_091018.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

P82A0246.JPG
P82A0306.JPG
Nap time..

My computer buddy!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jmh58 wrote:P82A0246.JPGP82A0306.JPG

Nap time..

Who is taking a nap - you, or the cat? :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
jmh58 wrote:P82A0246.JPGP82A0306.JPG

Nap time..

Who is taking a nap - you, or the cat? :lol:

Ken
:lol: :lol: I aint tellin!!! :lol: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Great pets everyone. Kind like our varied interest in knives. Lots of unique critters.

Not to single one out but Justin’s post hit home for me. Beautiful dog Justin and good on you Keith. Congratulations to both my friends.
Jdub wrote:Here is Remington. Chocolate Lab of course. Dog came all the way from Muleshoe TX. Kieth gifted her to my kids. But she has become my dog. Best big dog I believe I have ever had. She is great with my kids which are 8-5-3. We were talking one day and we were talking how the kids need a dog. He began to tell me about this pup he had picked out of his litter and was gonna keep for himself..... well as you can see that didn’t work out like he planned. He drove the dog all the way from Muleshoe TX to Unicoi TN. Thank you kindly kieth we all appreciate her.
My 11 year old chocolate lab was sick a couple weeks ago. Clogged nostrils and no energy. Figured it was a respitory thing but her stomach was swollen.
Basically within one week (who knows how long it was brewing), full blown cancer and internal bleeding. Too week and old for surgery or treatment. I asked doc what you do if it was your dog. I trust this doc very much. Kind of expected the answer. I loved that dog. In shock a bit. Figured her time was coming given her age but did not expect to have to put her down that day.

Lost a good friend that day.

My other dog just doesn’t understand why she is not there. Freaked out.

They say animals don’t have souls therefore cannot go to heaven. Could be misquoting that but I heard opinions on this.
Personally, I cannot believe a creature God made is not allowed in heaven. No reply required as I am not trying to start a theological discussion. Just mourning.

Miss her greatly. She was my best friend. Hope God has a spare shotgun I can borrow in heaven assuming I keep on the straight and narrow.

Attached pic is Nikki in the desert with me a few months back.
Attachments
0EC23222-EAC1-468B-9CB6-E3B9A55DF74B.jpeg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Sorry for your loss. Those pups become just like family. Great picture of a happy dog, good way to remember her.
Treefarmer

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”