Show off your fixed blades!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Show off your fixed blades!

Post by Quick Steel »

P1010859.JPG
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Wow the long blades are showing up now!

Very nice knives gentlemen. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

philco wrote:Wow the long blades are showing up now!

Very nice knives gentlemen. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
My largest long blade.
Attachments
ColtBowie2.jpg
ColtBowie4.jpg
ColtBowie5.jpg
ColtBowie6.jpg
ColtBowie7.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The Murray Carter knife at top of page i'm pretty sure used to be my knife. How come i sold such a fine knife ? I guess you can't own them all. Where would you put them anyway ?
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I was searching "Mora knives" looking for info to help answer a question asked here at AAPK. "Ragweed Forge" kept coming up so i checked it out. This is a knife dealer's site but his information, organization and explanation of all the big variety of Mora knives. Very helpful and he is obviously a knife knut and he might just have the most variety of Mora knives anywhere.
So, i bought 3:
# 1 Classic with carbon steel blade & plastic sheath $14
11011, a Mora Original # 1 Classic with laminated steel blade and fiber sheath $39
12683, a 125Th Ann. Edition with Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel and a leather sheath $47

That was 2 days ago and they already have arrived in WA. State coming from N.Y.State !
So here they are. Am i happy & pleased ? You Betchya ! I love these knives and every one is hair poppin sharp.
The last 2 above are expensive for Mora and the $14 knife will cut just as well as the other two. I bought all 3 because i really like these knives and i wanted to thank "Ragnar" for his Mora 'post'.
kj
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

KJ, congratulations on your good looking Moras. I carry a Mora most days. It is just hard to beat their functionality. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks QS. I find it a pleasure to get such performance from a $14 knife. Always puts a smile on my face.
kj
thegreedygulo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by thegreedygulo »

All of these were made by Boker over a long span of years.
Attachments
132-3256_IMG.JPG
132-3247_IMG.JPG
116-1625_IMG.JPG
118-1845_IMG.JPG
109-0946_IMG.jpg
108-0866_IMG.jpg
117-1748_IMG.JPG
108-0863_IMG.JPG
115-1550_IMG.JPG
115-1552_IMG.JPG
A pocket knife is still an intimate personal possession of the individual who carries it and consequently deserves the best of materials, finish and workmanship in its production. (Quoted from Boker's 1928 cutlery catalog).
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

tgg, that is a very nice collection. ::tu::
Producer

Post by Producer »

Hess Tiburon. Perfect size for me , very happy with it.
Attachments
DSC03373.JPG
DSC03374.JPG
DSC03375.JPG
DSC03376.JPG
DSC03377.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

That Tiburon looks very much like the WW2 Western W31 Parachutist. I'll need to check that one out.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Producer that's a very handsome knife. I really like the lines on it. ::tu::

Roger you should post a drool bucket warning before making a post like that one. Fantastic bunch of Boker fixed blades. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

philco wrote: Roger you should post a drool bucket warning before making a post like that one. Fantastic bunch of Boker fixed blades. ::tu::
Roger, you are the one-man Boker arm of the Smithsonian Museum and Louvre combo. Unbelievable cutlery which you have shown (and some you have not, but which I have seen). I have sometimes used your images as a screensaver on my computer monitor. ::tu::
thegreedygulo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by thegreedygulo »

Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked them. The real OLD Boker fixed blades have been very hard for me to find. The second and third knives in my post are of much later production that I've just always liked.
A pocket knife is still an intimate personal possession of the individual who carries it and consequently deserves the best of materials, finish and workmanship in its production. (Quoted from Boker's 1928 cutlery catalog).
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

Producer, awesome knife. Very nice red handles and shape of blade. ::tu::

Here are three Schrade Cut Co knives, stamped SCCO. The one on the left and middle one just arrived today. A package deal from eBay. The sheath on the right is new (dyed and burnished) and the other two came with the new arrivals. The left one I think is a left-handed sheath(?) but great for a right handed reverse blade draw. Cal, I don't think they are original but I'm no expert. Any info appreciated. Thanks
SCCOs.jpg
scco sheaths.jpg
Producer

Post by Producer »

zzyzzogeton wrote:That Tiburon looks very much like the WW2 Western W31 Parachutist. I'll need to check that one out.
Yes! my thoughts also. Really nice knives, the Hess Boys make.
The greedygulo, beautiful Bokers. Love them.
SolWarrior, excellent Schrade CutCo blades and sheaths.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Just picked up this Kutmaster Pigman. The price was right and I couldn't refuse. The handle feels good but the color is too much. I think this knife may get an antler handle soon.
kutmaster pigman.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Producer

Post by Producer »

ken98k wrote:Just picked up this Kutmaster Pigman. The price was right and I couldn't refuse. The handle feels good but the color is too much. I think this knife may get an antler handle soon.
kutmaster pigman.jpg
Nice!
Adog

Post by Adog »

HI HO SILVER !! This knife came from the estate of JOHN HART the other LONE RANGER.
Attachments
20170729_130447.jpg
20170729_130447.jpg
20170729_130532_003.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I remember John Hart and how startled I was when he substituted for Clayton Moore. I wonder if Hart was a knife collector or this was an isolated piece. Very interesting in any event.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I forget the ebay seller's name, but he was an some sort of agent for Mr. Hart and has been selling off a lot of stuff, including a bunch of knives Mr. Hart had collected over the years.

Mr. Hart was a knife collector to some degree and, from what I read about the alleged history of some of the knives, Mr. Hart kept the knives he wore/used (or bought them for himself) in his various movies.

For a while, when you bought one of Mr. Hart's knives, a "freebie" included a canceled check with Mr. Hart's "autograph". I remember that one of the knives being sold was a stag/fake stag handled Imperial "Sportsman-style". Nothing special about the knife other than being Mr. Hart's.

The reason I remember it is that the canceled check displayed to go with that knife was for pajamas at Sears.

Never even bid on any of his knives since apparently he never bought/acquired a Kabar or a Western, the 2 brands I primarily collect.
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

My small back pocket neckers L>R.

Original RAT Izula, Newt Livesay G45 paired with JK Tin Knife, CRKT S.P.E.W. Paired with AG Russell Titanium Funny Folder, Buck/T.O.P.S. TSAR, Camillus Arclite Cuda
100_6820.jpg
My belt knives L>R.

Nathan Carothers CPK Hunter/Skinner, Buck 107, Dozier Arkansas Toothpick, Buck 102, Koster Bushcraft, Swamprat HRLM (Howlin' Rat Little Mischief), Becker BK2, Blackie Collins Wenoka Dive Knife, sterile EK Model 5 Combat Bowie
DSC_8147 - Edited.jpg
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Pretty much all my fixed blades are users ::tu:: not including all my khukuri's ::tu::
Attachments
2017-07-11 11.56.41.jpg
2017-07-11 11.57.35.jpg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Nice batch of Scandis!
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

[quote="TheMadHungarian"]My small back pocket neckers L>R.

Original RAT Izula, Newt Livesay G45 paired with JK Tin Knife, CRKT S.P.E.W. Paired with AG Russell Titanium Funny Folder, Buck/T.O.P.S. TSAR, Camillus Arclite Cuda

Nice group MadH, love the bunch shots. The Becker too. And that tye-dyed blue back drop, mark of a true Dead head. Too bad he's gone, Jerry that is. But the music remains.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”