My Neighbor

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
just bob

My Neighbor

Post by just bob »

I just heard this morning that my neighbor of many years had passed away. Apparently he had his lawn mower on jack stands and was underneath it when the weight shifted, fell, and he was crushed beneath it. Ron was the type of person you never saw without a smile. 66 years old and as far as I know in perfect health. It had been a while since I had spoken with him. I was out on my morning walk today and Ron’s family was in my thoughts and prayers. The Brad Paisley song – Last Time for Everything – came on the radio. We keep getting subtle reminders that our existence is fragile and that all in likelihood we are not going to be given 2 weeks notice. I’d like to ask everyone that reads this to do one random act of kindness today in memory of Ron. Working together we can make the world a better place one act at a time.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: My Neighbor

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Thanks, bob. We could all stand to remember that
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sorry about the loss of your neighbor Bob. A reminder that I need to get the hoist working in the shop.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Good words to live by, Bob.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Bob, I'm sorry for your loss. May God comfort and strengthen those he leaves behind.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Bob, sorry you lost what sounds like a very nice man your neighbor and friend! Good neighbors are hard to find and are to be appreciated and prized when we do. I had a very good older friend who was acquainted with death as he had lost his spouse and other loved ones taken before their time. He would tell me all the time, "Live everyday as though it were your last day and some day you'll be right! Lloyd
Lloyd

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”