AAPK benefit Auction Hobo

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
zp4ja

Re: AAPK benefit Auction Hobo

Post by zp4ja »

313 Mike wrote:...after messaging with Keith, he has agreed to concede his win and allow Jerry's bid of $300.00 to be the winning bid....so the winner of the knife is Jerry A.
::handshake:: Congrats Jerry, your Dad's knife is heading home, full circle.

Thanks to much to everyone who bid in this auction, it brought it more funds than I had hoped for, and I know Bryan will put them to good use to help keep our little corner of the Internet up and running.

Best to you all!
I am sure no one would characterize me as a man of few words. In all honesty, that is where I am at at the moment.

Thanks John my friend. What a great thing to be a part of.

Mike and Keith,

It is men such as yourself (and quite a few others not specified here) that mean the most value to me from all that I get from AAPK. The knife part is just icing on the cake and I am not referring to the auction knife obviously. Thank you sincerely my friends. Pleasure to know you both. Can't thank you both enough. That knife will be one of my most prized for what it stands for, not what it can cut. It will be proudly EDC'd and displayed.

Additional thanks to all the other bidders as well.

Bryan, the check is in the mail. Thanks again for all you do.

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

The Hobo arrived safely. In addition, there was a nice hand written letter on some old valued stationary by Mike (and valued by me), contents of which are between him and I. Lets just say, I was touched and he is a good man as I had known previous.
He also added in a bonus knife, one of his modded CASE EDCs. I really love a carry that was a friends. It is a great knife and I will carry it with pride. Some good memories were put on both knives by a man I have never spoken to face to face or via phone, never met but yet consider friend. That is what we get from AAPK folks. Knives are secondary to that to me at least.
SUPPORT APPK if you are able financially.
Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Put some more miles on the Hobo tonight. After Mike and clan did the same. My neighbor brought me some freezer Elk Friday.
Invited him over for a few Stella's, some spicy potatoes, olive oil marinated zucchini and Elk on the grill. The olive oil, garlic and spices for the Elk was perfect. Not overdone on the marinade (or my cooking job) so the meat flavor came through.
A stellar meal with the Hobo.
Jerry
Attachments
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Dang Jerry, that looks fantastic! Glad to see the hobo back in action, hard to beat grilled wild game.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

313 Mike wrote:Dang Jerry, that looks fantastic! Glad to see the hobo back in action, hard to beat grilled wild game.
Hey Mike,

Thanks again (and Keith) for your part in bringing the Hobo home. What a great thing to be a part of given all the different facets of benefit to all involved.
That said, on the meal I posted. I am not one to take pics and post an everyday meal. This one was far from that. Ranks in the top ten I have ever eaten. I know my way around the kitchen and the grill. Given your background, thought you would appreciate the Hobo's first use back home.

I pulled 3 separate big game species in the lottery this year. Feast or famine, most years, I and others pull none. I have a Horns Shorter than Ears Antelope (buck or doe), Buck Mule Deer and Cow Elk tag this year. If all goes well, will have many more meals like that and will certainly need some more freezers. With the water so plentiful this year, the Mule Deer Bucks will have HUGE racks.

I hope at some point our paths cross and we enjoy a meal like that my friend.

Thanks again. Regards, Jerry
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Left over taters and zucchini and some just cooked BBQ lamb for the Hobo and I to tackle.

Jerry
Attachments
IMG_0324.JPG
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Your sure livin right up there in Nevada. Might have to come visit for some good grub
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

espn77 wrote:Your sure livin right up there in Nevada. Might have to come visit for some good grub
I agree with Keith! I will bring some Wisconsin venison to add to the feast...
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

313 Mike wrote:
espn77 wrote:Your sure livin right up there in Nevada. Might have to come visit for some good grub
I agree with Keith! I will bring some Wisconsin venison to add to the feast...
Always a open door for you both my friends. It would be a welcome visit and tour of the great state I reside in. Love to have a tour of your area too. Shooting, hunting, fishing, knives, guns and all the things related to the great outdoors. And great grub...

Jerry
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Just wanted to stop in & give a big thanks to Mike for setting up this auction along with Jerry & all bidders.

Check was received yesterday & will be placed into AAPK's coffers asap.

AAPK has done well in raising funds this month. Next month I'll be using some of that funding to move the site to a new server under a two year contract paid up front (much cheaper that way). The new digs will be more secure & will be set up with a better backup system so we will be much better equipped to withstand a failure in hardware or other destructive event.

Really can't thank everyone enough ::tu::

Sincerely,
Bryan
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Bryan wrote:Just wanted to stop in & give a big thanks to Mike for setting up this auction along with Jerry & all bidders.

Check was received yesterday & will be placed into AAPK's coffers asap.

AAPK has done well in raising funds this month. Next month I'll be using some of that funding to move the site to a new server under a two year contract paid up front (much cheaper that way). The new digs will be more secure & will be set up with a better backup system so we will be much better equipped to withstand a failure in hardware or other destructive event.

Really can't thank everyone enough ::tu::

Sincerely,
Bryan
My pleasure Bryan. Glad to pitch in outside of membership.

As they say, ain't over till it's over and I am passionate about giving back for all the rewards I have received as I am sure other members are. After all, as I said on many posts, as much as we enjoy them they are just knives, it is not a body part in my opinion. If AAPK ever went dark due to lack of funds that would be a sad day for all and for me in relationships like the ones I have now that could not have occurred without AAPK.

That said, here ya go.

Auction #2 in hope of some high bids for a fine duo of knives and helping AAPK in the process.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53069

As post states, please move and leave where it is as you see fit for maximum member and visitor visibility.

Regards, Jerry

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”