Frost made case knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Bullard

Frost made case knives

Post by Bullard »

I have a roman numeral 125th anniversary case medium stockman bone handled knife made under license by frost cutlery.

I also have a Case man in black corelon medium stockman that says that it is made by frost cutlery.

Are the frost made Case knives less likely to appreciate or be as desired by collectors?
olderdogs1

Re: Frost made case knives

Post by olderdogs1 »

Did frost actually produce these knives or were they etched after Case made them?

Tom
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK Bullard. Some pictures of the knives might help some answer your questions, just to be sure it's clear what knives you're asking about.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Bullard

Post by Bullard »

I don't know how to post pictures but the bone knife says limited Roman Numeral Series produced by Frost Cutlery Company under
sublicense with W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery co. The box has this number on it 26602.

The other knife, my wife purchased me, says Genuine Corelon Handle Produced by Frost Cutlery company under sublicence with W.R. Case &
Sons Cutlery Co. the number on this box S9318MB.

I'm just curious if "Frost produced" Case knives were less desirable that those produced in the Case factory in Bradford.

I enjoy looking at the marvelous collections on this sight, and I look forward to learning as much as I can from you.
Thank you.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Posting pictures here among other things is explained at this link viewforum.php?f=98

As to your questions n about collectability of Frost and Frost/Case collaborations I'm sure there are those who collect them but I haven't seen much discussion about them on this forum, if that tells you anything.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
supratentorial

Post by supratentorial »

Frost owns the trademark for Corelon. http://www.trademarkia.com/corelon-78449058.html

I read that Case made fully assembled knives without covers and sent them out to have the Corelon covers put on by Frost or someone for Frost. The covers aren't pinned. Sounds like you may have one of those knives.

I don't know about the anniversary knife with bone covers.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”