Coon Queenz..

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
Drukai

Coon Queenz..

Post by Drukai »

Was just browsing some Colonel Coon knives..and the Autumn Bone series stuck out to me..I think these are Queen made? Was just wondering if anyone has any of these, if they are well built good fit and finish?.?.I just have heard different opinions on Queen don't own any myself. Info greatly appreciated Thanks
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
Tsar Bomba

Re: Coon Queenz..

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I know that the small and large Barlow most recently marketed under the Colonel Coon marque are Queen builds. I have a large Col. Coon and it is a dead match for the Queen large Barlow pattern.

If the smooth "autumn bone" is that smooth orange I keep seeing online, I've had my eye on it a while and will probably (eventually) pull the trigger. ::smirk:: This one, too, is definitely Queen built (#69 pattern).
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I have one of those Col. Coon knives. It is made by Queen. All I can tell you is that my autumn bone barlow has excellent F&F and I am highly pleased with it.
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

thanks for the replys..Quick Steel just what I like too hear might purchase one soon.
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)

Return to “Colonel Coon”