? for the Camillus experts re: HSB

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Old Hunter

? for the Camillus experts re: HSB

Post by Old Hunter »

Gents, any of you know if Camillus made the later HSB knives? This HSB & Co. is a 3-3/8" Junior Cattle Knife with pre-Delrin synthetic handles (looks very similar to the black plastic on 1950's era Imperial BSA pocketknives). Via searching AAPK (and Blade Forum) I did find Hawk's pictures of his Craftsman 9518 Junior Cattle knife from about 1949 that has a virtually identical main blade - and was said to have been a Camillus product. Thanks for any and all input. OH
Attachments
HSB 9729 Junior Cattle Knife (2).JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
msteele6

Re: ? for the Camillus experts re: HSB

Post by msteele6 »

Knife appears to be Camillus made. Like a Camillus 75 pattern.

JMO
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Thanks for the input, that is what I'm thinking too. I bought a similar vintage Camillus 75 Jr. Cattle Knife off ebay early this week, waiting on it to arrive so I can compare. Thanks again, OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...that's another brand I did not know that Camillus made!!!.......... ::tu:: ..........
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Sure looks like Camillus.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Here is a pile side shot of the HSB if that helps any. The Camillus 75 I bought to compare it to won't be here until Monday. OH
Attachments
HSB 9729 (pile).JPG
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

And a different mark side view. OH
Attachments
IMG_0328.JPG
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

I have a Sword Brand medium cattle knife that appears to be a ringer for your H.S.& B. except for the punch, same shield, same single pin holding on the handles, same jigged black handles. The master blade also appears identical, with the long pull. My Camillus 75 doesn't have a shield and has a more slender master blade with a common nail pull, however, the frame appears to be the same.

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”