KA-BAR Dagger

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

KA-BAR Dagger

Post by muskrat man »

I started this a few years ago but never had time to finish it. Finally did it last weekend when I had a few free moments. This is your standard KA-BAR fighting knife reworked into a dagger, and I reworked the original sheath as well. This was a beater I got off ebay for about $27 if memory serves, I had to replace a couple washers and I replaced the thin factory guard which was bent with a reworked guard from a WWII Camillus navy MKII which is much thicker and more rigid. The bluing on the blade does not show up well in the photos, I think I had the lamp too close to the light tent. It was a fun project and is one more eliminated from my tote of unfinished projects, hoping to knock out a couple from that tote each month. There is 7 years worth of my personal unfinished projects in there that I have to throw aside when duty calls.
Attachments
KA-0BAR dagger conversion (1).JPG
KA-0BAR dagger conversion (2).JPG
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
Brumbydownunder

Re: KA-BAR Dagger

Post by Brumbydownunder »

I'm still shaking my head ...

I can see how you have done it and it's a 'relatively' minor and simple mod ... BUT what a quantum change in looks and functionality ::tu::
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I like it. ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

MM, that might just be my favorite of all the mods you've done. The shape, the lines, everything about it is very pleasing to the eye. And I just can't help but believe that the balance on that thing is superb.

That's a very nice dagger.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

MM, that knife looks great. You do some very good work. Thanks for posting.

Monte
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's very cool, Kaleb! I like what you did with it.

I have a ton of personal projects also, but as you said, duty calls. Customer work always comes first, but occasionally, I can slip one of mine in as well.

Keep up the good work!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Kaleb, I am with Wade, I think that is one of my favorite mods of yours! ::nod::
You got the centerline pretty straight to from what I can tell in the pictures. As you know that is not an easy task!

glennbad wrote:I have a ton of personal projects also, but as you said, duty calls. Customer work always comes first, but occasionally, I can slip one of mine in as well.
I have some really cool personal restoration projects set aside for when I get time. I think if I worked eight hours a day, five days a week on my personal projects it would still take me several years to complete them all.
I'm just glad I'm retired and don't have to depend on knife repair for a living!
However, if I just spent the money I make repairing and modifying knives on groceries, I wouldn't have to worry about a weight loss program! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”