Case 12031LH

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
akaDigger

Case 12031LH

Post by akaDigger »

This is my first post here. I've perused this site and learned a great deal about pocket knives already. What piqued my interest in pocket knives is that I came across a knife while going through my late uncles belongings. I have learned that the knife is a 1977 Electrician Knife. What I am wondering about is how uncommon this knife's configuration is. It has a sheepfoot main blade and I haven't seen many like it while searching the net.

Any comments from informed collectors would be appreciated.

Dan
20170315_164220.jpg
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: Case 12031LH

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

That looks like a Hawkbill pruning blade, not a Sheepsfoot. Never saw that blade configuration on a Case before
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

This configuration is mentioned in Steve Pfeiffers book and there's a picture of it on page 138. I have the second edition.

kerry
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Yes it is a hawkbill or pruner master blade. Case introduced that version in either 1976 or 1977. At the time they continued to make the spear master version. They were both discontinued about '82.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I've seen a few of those, although not many. Then again, I haven't been actively searching for one either so that might be the reason. It's definitely not as common as a Case Stockman, Canoe, Cheetah or something of that nature. It's still a cool knife though. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
akaDigger

Post by akaDigger »

Thanks for the comments. Very much appreciated.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”