Anyone seen this particular Case Classic ?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
chevycannontexasjack

Anyone seen this particular Case Classic ?

Post by chevycannontexasjack »

I just picked this Cheetah up a few days ago at a antiques stor for $50 the guy didn't know anything about it so I made him and offer! Well I've been doing a little research and I can't seem to find this yellow bone with the bomb shield anywhere online! I'm trying to find the value and how many were made... and the swing guard is in the way of the last two digits for the year! Is this considered yellow bone if so does anyone have any info on it? The tang reads WR Case & Sons Bradford PA over the year and USA! I am not very knowledgeable about the classics, I do know they are fine quality!
Attachments
20170314_162723.jpg
Older knives are like women, they are beautiful, pricey, and rarely do you find the good ones!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Anyone seen this particular Case Classic ?

Post by Railsplitter »

I'm not sure if this link will help or not. That looks like a bomb shield to me and I don't see that listed in the link.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/pri ... ssic/1011/

Whatever the case may be, that's a great looking knife and I think you pretty much stole it for $50. Nice score!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
chevycannontexasjack

Sorry I did not mean to put arrow shield, it is most definitely the bomb shield and I searched that before and it was not listed there!
Older knives are like women, they are beautiful, pricey, and rarely do you find the good ones!
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

Chevy,
Check the sold listings on ebay. There are several similar knives there. I believe your knife was made in 1995. Your knife looks to have a W.R. Case stamp. There is one in the sold listings with the Case Brothers, Bradford, PA. stamp that sold for $175. According to the information listed for this knife there were only 96 of them made with that stamping. The bone was listed as Rogers Banana Honey Bone. That knife has the bomb shield too.Yours is probably pretty rare as well. You got a good deal for $50.
Ricky
chevycannontexasjack

Thank Ricky for your input, I appreciate all of the people who are willing to share valuable info or just good advice!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”