Schrade walden 2OT market value?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
KnifeSlinger#81

Schrade walden 2OT market value?

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

The title pretty much says it all. What's a realistic value that a real deal 2ot would go for in excellent condition, like one you may find "in the wild" or buy from another collector, NOT perfect and minty with box. I know they can go crazy high on an ebay bidding war, but that's not necissarily indicative of true worth. Would a 2ot be considered one of the most overall desired schrades by general consensus? For those that have a 2ot pictures are most welcome.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
MrBlister

Re: Schrade walden 2OT market value?

Post by MrBlister »

see pics of TWO 2 Ot's and their Cut Co Granpappy
(2203) salesmans' sample
afore there was ever a 2OT .. . NFS .. . JFL@@kin

HET
Attachments
2-OT 001.JPG
2OT_Beitz 002.JPG
2203+stockmancutco 001.JPG
2203+stockmancutco 003.JPG
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I think you'll find answers pretty subjective. In my case, a not necessarily perfect condition but still minty 2OT with box and papers, I might be willing to pay up to 300 for one. Maybe more if I have enough mad money on hand when one comes up for sale.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Mr B you're killing me with those pics! ::doh:: :D :D

In excellent condition you could probably be looking somewhere around the $300 range Harold, give or take $50 depending on just how excellent. All depends on how badly the seller needs the money lol. Don't know if it's THE most desirable Schrade (post Schrade Cut. Co), but it ranks right up there.

Here's another one:

Eric
Attachments
Schrade 2OT.jpg
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Eric:
That is an incredibly nice 2ot you have there. It is hard to find a smick one, but you have one my friend.
Tony. ::tu:: ::tu::
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

They are my most favorite Schrade knife...that 2OT

I am very fortunate to own the Schrade Factory "MINT" 2 OT Knife along with her brother, the Schrade Factory "MINT" 3 OT !!!

Of course they cost me a bit more than $300 each, however, they were worth every dollar I paid.

I also own a Craftsman 2 OT in excellent condition that a member here sold me a while back and I wouldn't part with any of them.

I also sent a member here 3 additional 2 OT knives to make me something special as a carry knife. Those of you that know me well enough know I don't usually carry a knife, however, I will be making an exception in this case.

Tom
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Here are some pictures
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
KnifeSlinger#81

Very nice 2ot's gentlemen, thanks for sharing!

One just popped up in nice shape on ebay with a starting bid of $100. Unfortunately it has a large mark side crack.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/132092837492
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

ea42

Post by ea42 »

Oh boy the hounds are loose! ::drool:: :D :D

That doesn't appear to be a crack, more like a scratch in the bone. Very nice knife. Whoever gets it I wouldn't try to remove the scratch, you'll wind up with a light spot in the bone and ruin the uniformity of the color.

Tom those are absolutely beautiful!

Eric
KnifeSlinger#81

ea42 wrote:Oh boy the hounds are loose! ::drool:: :D :D

That doesn't appear to be a crack, more like a scratch in the bone. Very nice knife. Whoever gets it I wouldn't try to remove the scratch, you'll wind up with a light spot in the bone and ruin the uniformity of the color.

Eric
You are right, I did not look close enough.
-Paul T.

JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

I agree with the 300.00 mentioned. Seems that is where most good 2OT's sell for. I lucked out and picked this one up for 175.00 as a just listed Buy It Now.
Attachments
IMG_5483.jpg
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

There was a minty 2OT w/ box in one of the AAPK stores just yesterday. It's gone now, or at least it's not turning up in a search. ::hmm::
KnifeSlinger#81

gwelker62 wrote:There was a minty 2OT w/ box in one of the AAPK stores just yesterday. It's gone now, or at least it's not turning up in a search. ::hmm::
It must not have been there long, I check the stores every few days for schrades and never saw it.

JohnR is that an advertisement or previous owners name carved into the handle? It looks well done, factory.
-Paul T.

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

About 10 years ago minty 2OT's were selling on ebay in the $450-$500 range. Prices now are lower. The last two i bought (won, ebay about 2 years ago) each went for $230.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

This is the knife that prompted this thread, it arrived today. I acquired it for a really good price knowing they are rare and valuable but wanted a good idea on how much of a value. Was the original factory finish a crocus polish or glazed? It looks like it was buffed at one time but not overdone, it's not new and shiny looking. A nice one to carry with pretty much full blades. Maybe now I'm a real schrade collector (but still small time).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Be a shame to carry one in that condition....Just my two cents worth

Tom
KnifeSlinger#81

Chase wrote:That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Tom
You may be right, I will definitely have to consider it more. If I were to carry it though, it would be very light duty use, mostly to just have as "pocket jewelry".
-Paul T.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Chase wrote:That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Tom
You may be right, I will definitely have to consider it more. If I were to carry it though, it would be very light duty use, mostly to just have as "pocket jewelry".
Good looking Schrade. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, but if it were mine, and it costed me good money, and I wanted to pack it I sure would, some at least. But then again I never did derive any joy from owning safe queens in guns or knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
KnifeSlinger#81

Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:

Tom
Good looking Schrade. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, but if it were mine, and it costed me good money, and I wanted to pack it I sure would, some at least. But then again I never did derive any joy from owning safe queens in guns or knives.
I'm the same way, the only ones I absolutely will not carry are unused/unsharpened minty or near mint knives.
-Paul T.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
I'm the same way, the only ones I absolutely will not carry are unused/unsharpened minty or near mint knives.
Whew. Good to see I'm not the only one. Lol. I always said I'd let my boys worry about diminished value when they inherited them. Rofl.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I would carry a minty 2OT only as fashion wear. Ya know, to pull out and show to co-workers, customers, friends, etc. For me, part of the joy of owning collectables is to show them off.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Paul, have the blades been sharpened ?
Secondary pen blade looks a little down ? but hard to tell without a minty one beside it.
The handles have a different color or glaze ? than others i have seen, a deeper red and the yellowish area ? Does it look the same 'in person' ?
Does anyone else see the handles as different from the norm (for a 2OT) ?
I do not doubt that it is all original.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Yes Roland it has been sharpened, the blades may be down a very small amount. The clip looks like it was previously very lightly tipped and sharpened out and the pen is noticeably tipped, but not terribly bad. I think what you are seeing in the handles is correct, they are mostly deep brown/red with a yellowish splotch and some slight yellow near the edges on the mark side only, pile side is more even in color. The little coloring imperfections give it nice character.
-Paul T.

SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Another sweet looking purchase there, Slinger! ::tu:: ::tu:: If it were me I'd definitely carry it. Life is way too short to keep that baby in storage only.

BTW - Was it me who planted the 2OT seed as a must have after providing you with the link to "My New Old Timer EDC"by Dale? That one is a sweet one too. I wonder if Dale's Single blade 2OT is unique or do they make them with one blade as well? ::hmm::
KnifeSlinger#81

SolWarrior wrote:Another sweet looking purchase there, Slinger! ::tu:: ::tu:: If it were me I'd definitely carry it. Life is way too short to keep that baby in storage only.

BTW - Was it me who planted the 2OT seed as a must have after providing you with the link to "My New Old Timer EDC"by Dale? That one is a sweet one too. I wonder if Dale's Single blade 2OT is unique or do they make them with one blade as well? ::hmm::
Thanks Felix. It was never made as a single blade as far as I know. I keep my eyes open and had wanted a 2ot but don't really actively hunt for them mostly because I would never expect to find one with full blades for less than $250 BIN or a crazy bidding war. I happened upon this one and the price was just too good.
-Paul T.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”