The 2015 Blade Forum pocketknife

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Old Hunter

The 2015 Blade Forum pocketknife

Post by Old Hunter »

I just received my USPS package containing the last knife that Canal Street Cutlery will make (from what I have read). This is a 3-7/8" serpentine frame with Clip Main and Sheepfoot Secondary 440C blades on a single spring. The Birdseye rivet design on Mexican Bocote wood makes it doubly unique. OH
Attachments
CSC my knife - 11-27-2015 (2).JPG
CSC my knife - 11-27-2015 (3).JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The 2015 Blade Forum pocketknife

Post by orvet »

That is a beauty! I wonder if they have any left, or were they preordered?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Dale, it was a pre-order, but usually some are sold on the classified section immediately. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
DRS

Post by DRS »

Who could we get in touch with may be to get one?

Donald ::handshake::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Loooooooooooooooooove wood!!
That's a beauty!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

That is a beauty in deed. I have been in the factory as these were being made and I wish I had known about them so I could have ordered one for myself.

This particular knife has a pinned shield as well, really cool how they did this process. The final knives should be finished up and shipped out very soon. This is the last knife to be produced by Canal Street Cutlery, in the Canal Street Factory. I asked if there were going to be more of them made than what The Blade Forum ordered, however, looks like they will only have enough materials to build the order. Dang shame though, after handling this knife, I would have bought half a dozen myself. I normally do not carry a knife, I know, I know....here I am a collector and I don't even carry one, however, I would carry this one. Fits perfectly in the pocket, I don't like anything in my pockets like keys, change ect..However, I would make an exception for this little gem.

Tom
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Gents, thanks for the compliments - you wouldn't believe how light this knife is. I only buy one of a given collectors knife, but several of the Blade Forum members buy several, keep the one/ones they like best and sell the rest. You will find them pop up on the Blade forum classifieds as soon as the shipping begins (three batches on this run, first batch shipping now). I would assume all you guys are registered at Blade Forum too, but you must be registered to buy off the classifieds. Many folks state they missed out on ordering and are looking for one - you will need to be quick. Good Luck, OH

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forum ... yle-knives
WillClinger

Post by WillClinger »

Clever and practical design, quality materials, well-executed...

Thanks and best wishes to Wally, Eric, and everyone else who had a hand in making this knife.

Thanks also to Barry, Charlie, and everyone else who kept the annual BladeForums knife going.
2015kcscBFshield.jpg
2015kcscBFreverse.jpg
2015kcscBFsheep.jpg
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

No two of these are alike - Will yours really has some nice grain to the wood handles. OH
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Just got my 2 in the mail yesterday afternoon.
Dan
Attachments
DSCN3890.JPG
DSCN3894.JPG
DSCN3892.JPG
Dan
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

The grain variation's on these are amazing - very nice Danno! OH
kamagong

Post by kamagong »

Here's mine, just received today. A very nice knife.
20170315_170453.jpg
WillClinger

Post by WillClinger »

You got a good one. Congratulations.

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”