YOUR USER NAME

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
gino

Re: YOUR USER NAME

Post by gino »

Making memories that's what life is all about my friend! ;)
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Always fun to read.

It's my real name backwards - Evets Nedraw.

Just kidding. ::sotb:: Wasn't in a clever mind set when I registered so just stuck with what I know.

Funny story about my name, though. I was named after my grandfather, Gerould (hard G, as in gate) Leslie Mallar. Don't know why, but everyone, including my grandmother, called him Steve.

And I spell my full name the correct way, not with a "v". :wink:
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Funny - I just found this part of the forum and I've been on here since the middle of May :shock: ..... and there is some cool stuff here to get to know some of you fine folks better :D ....

Oh well - LongBlade - some of my first knives were hunters and dirks so the moniker sounded good as I like long blades ::shrug:: .... I do have all types of blades including some on the smaller side but LongBlade sounded better than ShortBlade ::woot:: ::censored:: ::rotflol::

Cheers
Lee
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Oh, Lee. Please don't tempt me. ::paranoid:: ::super_happy:: ::not_saying::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Hey Jerry - I would have bet you were going to be tempted :wink: ... I was tempted as well ::tounge:: ....
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Am I that obvious? :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I've read through page 3. This is interesting. I'll read the rest later. My user name is just my wifes and my initials for Dave and Jane. I had just started collecting knives so we threw that in our EMail address and just used that for a user name also to keep things simple. ___Dave
32man

Post by 32man »

Interesting to see how names are made up. Mine is 32 for my fav Case pattern
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks. I always enjoy seeing how members chose their screen names.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Cowdiddly

Post by Cowdiddly »

When I worked as a pipeliner, all my buddies knew I was raised on a cattle ranch and dressed sorta that way and well I'm from Oklahoma, what do you expect? Vanilla Ice?

My friend always used to clown and pull his pants down short legged and baggy below his butt and stick his toe out tapping going "You lil cowboy you" making fun of my pointy toe boots. I just let em laugh, they are Leddy Bros, Ft Worth Tx. custom handmade for my foot and walking/wear pattern, fit like a glove and cost more than their entire emsemble and somes wardrobe. Every where I went all over the country people remembered that and it just became my name to them. It was always some of the same guys everywhere even clean up in Idaho. Work was a small niche of networked highly skilled people. To this day some don't even know my real name. They just call me that.

I was trying to register on a site will millions of users. Typed in Cowboy.. no dice taken, its always taken, everyone and ther brother-in-law has a wanna be a cowboy in the family.. Typed in 'Cowbaby "my other nickname they used for variety... believe it or not... taken.

Thought about trying Bo Diddly, but on a whim typed Cowdiddly.... works like a champ first try everywhere, NOBODY ever uses that retarded made up name.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Good story Cowdiddly! Always wanted a pair of custom made boots but never had any. Been to Leddy's stores in both San Angelo and Ft. Worth but never pulled the trigger. Maybe someday.........

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

[quote="jerryd6818"]Am I that obvious? :lol:[/quotequote ::tu:: YEP!!!! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Bigman

Post by Bigman »

Hi I use Bigman As in real life I'm usually the biggest guy in the crowd. Guess it's just become more of a habit more than anything when referring to myself.My real name is Mike btw.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mike, AAPK has a long time member (since 2007) whose screen name is "BIGHEAD". He says it's because he has a big head but I saw a pic he posted one time and I didn't think his head is all that large so how about posting a picture of yourself so we can judge for ourselves. (as you may have guessed, there's a dedicated thread for that too)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

Thought I had seen this thread and commented before, but after reading through it, I guess not. My voice sounds as though I'm mad or yelling when I'm just talking normal for me. So after getting to know me, some have called me Grouch , Grump , or Grumpy. When needing something I could use on several different forums and use the same name this has worked very well so far. ::pray::
Don
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

It is my "alter ego". I have copyrighted a costumed character named Captain Obvious. (Yes, it is registered with the Federal Government). I have owned it since February 11, 2011.

I have been Captain O ever since. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Captain O wrote:It is my "alter ego". I have copyrighted a costumed character named Captain Obvious. (Yes, it is registered with the Federal Government). I have owned it since February 11, 2011.

Is that the same Captain Obvious in the Hotels.com TV commercials?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Kootenay Joe" is the name of a 7,500' mountain ridge that is directly above my house & property. Between my house and the ridge top is 5000 vertical feet of untouched wilderness bush. My bedroom window opens towards the ridge and at night the cleanest downdraft in the world comes in through the open window and washes over me, made sparklingly fresh by the many thousands of trees it has just come through. It is so refreshing and calm.
kj
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Glad i dint select
some goofy name ...
:lol: :lol:
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Captain O wrote:It is my "alter ego". I have copyrighted a costumed character named Captain Obvious. (Yes, it is registered with the Federal Government). I have owned it since February 11, 2011.

Is that the same Captain Obvious in the Hotels.com TV commercials?
No, mine is a caped character(in ecru colored tights and earth colored briefs and cape. I wish that I could find a way to post my image from my photo disc. I must be careful, because there are a large number of people that would be more than happy to engage in copyright fraud.

(You're not paranoid if someone is willing to steal your image and use it without permission).
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

kootenay joe wrote:"Kootenay Joe" is the name of a 7,500' mountain ridge that is directly above my house & property. Between my house and the ridge top is 5000 vertical feet of untouched wilderness bush. My bedroom window opens towards the ridge and at night the cleanest downdraft in the world comes in through the open window and washes over me, made sparklingly fresh by the many thousands of trees it has just come through. It is so refreshing and calm.
kj
Wow Joe, that sounds like a little slice of heaven!
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
TexDanm

Post by TexDanm »

I'm a fifth generation Texan. My name is Dan and my last name starts with an M.
buddyie22

Post by buddyie22 »

Used to hunt a little bit, always trained my own birddogs. I liked the German shorthair and I named the first one Buddie, got another one after he got to old to hunt.I liked the first ones name so much I named the second one buddie 2. So I thought I would just keep the name around to remind me of my hunting buddies. Spent a lot of good time chasseing those wily pheasants in Kansas and Iowa,great times
Honey do you have your pocket knife ? Do I have my pants on?
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

My username and avatar reflect the fact that I served with the 2/28th Infantry while in Vietnam. I carry a little pride for my unit and the guys I served with; C company, 2/28th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division. The regiment was known as "The Black Lions of Cantigny"; a name bestowed upon them during WW1. The Chicago Tribune, Robert McCormick, 1st Infantry Division museum and Cantigny are all tied together into a park and golf course located in Winfield, IL. That makes it fairly obvious that I'm not the only one who has felt the pride.

I was reloading my M-16 magazines when I took pause to look at the people around me. I'd grown up not having a brother and suddenly realized I now had a hundred of them.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Are you in touch with any of the guys you served with? If you are you know that even though you may not have seen them in 30 years or more, when you get in touch with them, it's just like you saw them yesterday.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”