SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
buckeyefan

SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by buckeyefan »

My best friend is Carson :D ::tu::
He is my 3 1/2 year old Golden who loves to swim and chase anything you you are willing to throw!! :D
He is the smartest most loving and gentle being on this planet. ::nod:: We got him from a breeder at 8 weeks old, and he has been my best friend in the entire world ever since. ::nod:: ::ds::
A lot of people have interesting pets, so lets see your's!!! :D

Marty
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
The second mouse always get's the cheese..
gmusic

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by gmusic »

Beautiful animal Buckeye!

I had a Golden in 1981 her name was Libra, very smart and gentle. She met her fate in 86.

Here is Dusty our last dog in 2007, a Britney. She has been gone now for about two years, we just can't bring ourselves to find another......................maybe someday.
Attachments
DSC00354.JPG
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Beautiful pups, Marty and Gary!

Here are our three kids, Australian Shepherds...Benny, Lucy and Ziggy...we just brought Benny home from the surgeon this morning, he had to have elbow and knee surgery...poor fella'.
DSC_2036-7.jpg
DSC_7311.jpg
Don
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

edit.
Don
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Not very good but the only one I can get to load. I think the others are too large to load. Anyway, this is my almost 4-year old Black Lab mix. I rescued her from the animal shelter when she was 10-months old. Named her "Murphy" as in Murphy Brown. She has the sweetest disposition of any dog I've ever owned. Anyone who comes through the door has come to see her, she thinks. Loves kids. Spoiled beyond beliefe. We need to put her on a diet though. Last visit to the vet she weighed in at 104 lbs.
Murphy.JPG
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

awww...beautiful girl there, TJ.
Don
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

You know it's interesting, we lost our old dog about 5-years ago and during the time between him and our latest dog, my son, who was living with us at the time, began to suffer anxiety attacks, so bad that we would carry him to the hospital, afraid that it was a heart attack. When we got Murphy from the shelter and brought her home, his anxiety attacks disappeared. Did having the dog relieve his attacks? Don't know, but they're gone and never came back. They do say that pets, dogs especially, are theripudic. I believe it.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Cope

Post by Cope »

Nice lookin' animals guys!! ::nod:: ::tu::

Here's a pic of my 2 lap rats. The one closest in the pic is a male, Hydro and the one in the back is a female, Molly. Hydro is my dog and Molly belongs to my youngest daughter. These 2 are a "little" smaller than what you guys have. He's my little buddy though!
Attachments
xmas 2010 220.jpg
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Guys you have some beautiful Pups!!!

TJ, that is such a heart warming story about your son. I am positive Murphy is the cure for your son's attacks. ::nod::

Gary, im very sorry for your loss. I bet if you go to a shelter and rescue a helpless animal you will fell so much better. ::tu::

Don, how could someone not fall in love with those 3 amigos!!! ::ds::

Cope, How cute! I bet Hydro is the most loyal friend you could have!!! :)

Seeing these pics and reading your pet posts makes me feel wonderful!! Thank you for posting all, and I hope everyone gives the animal shelters a chance. ::tu::

Thanks, Marty & Carson
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Don, I cant stop looking at the first pic you posted!!!

They are so cool and Carson keeps sniffing my laptop!!! ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marty
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Great pictures guys. ::tu:: Here is my new best friend, Jessie. She's a Norwegian Elkhound and I got her last Saturday. I posted her picture on another thread. I found her on petfinder.com, she's 7 years old and needed a new home. Also pictured are my two birds catching a little sunshine. Petey, on the left is a Fife canary and Ossie a parakeet. I bought Petey to cheer things up here in the winter. The boy can sing like you wouldn't believe. :D
Attachments
Jessie 2.JPG
Birds & Dog 2.JPG
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

WOW Vikingdog! Jessie is a beautiful animal!! ::ds:: Looks like a little bit of a German shep and a wolf!! Very cool 8) 8) 8) ::tu::
She looks like she has a meal in mind. ::paranoid:: :shock: :mrgreen: lol

I love birds! You are so right about birds cheering things up, esp when you live in a state that has all 4 seasons. ::nod:: ::tu::

Marty
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Come on guys n gals! Show us your pets!!! ::ds::
big monk

Post by big monk »

Only one I got___________________ ::ds::
Attachments
MY BUDDY.jpg
MY BUDDY.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 10836 times
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Monk lol 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marty
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Thanks Marty. Actually she's really interested in the birds. She just sits there and listens to them sing. I think they keep her company when she's home alone. :D
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

Mike
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Beautiful animals guys.................they give us so much and ask so little.

Carvin.....................you have my dream house there!
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
Cope

Post by Cope »

Marty & Carson, that little guy invented the word loyalty!! I have only been closer to one other dog besides him; she was a border collie named Poke. She was the smartest animal I ever had or seen. She was an outside dog for the most part but she gave me all she had. She had a total different disposition than Hydro.

Old Hydro goes crazy when I go to the bathroom without him. You would think he just found out his mama got hit by a car the way he carries on. Those 2 little dogs have brought me lots of enjoyment!
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

My girlfriends cat, .............. Jill
Attachments
Copy of 016_16.JPG
Joe
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Cope wrote:Marty & Carson, that little guy invented the word loyalty!! I have only been closer to one other dog besides him; she was a border collie named Poke. She was the smartest animal I ever had or seen. She was an outside dog for the most part but she gave me all she had. She had a total different disposition than Hydro.

Old Hydro goes crazy when I go to the bathroom without him. You would think he just found out his mama got hit by a car the way he carries on. Those 2 little dogs have brought me lots of enjoyment!
Cope, That is so funny! And it is so cool the same time too!!! I hope to some day have the pleasure of welcoming one into my family!!!
I've heard that border collies are one of the smartest dogs. ::ds::

Marty
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

FRJ, I love Cats!!! ::ds:: But...I am highly alergic to there dander... ::tired:: When I was a kid my friend had a cat with kettens and thats how I found out I was alergic. ::doh::
But that still doesnt stop me from enjoying Cats for a little while at least. ::ds::
Jill looks like a very Cool Cat!!! 8) 8) 8)

Marty
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Heres a few more of Carson, MY BEST FRIEND!!! ::tu::
Attachments
002.JPG
001.JPG
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Beautiful dog Marty. ::tu::

Mike
Cope

Post by Cope »

Nice lookin' cat!! I really like cats BUT I reckon I'm the only person in the world that can't keep one around! ::shrug:: Around here a cat uses up 9 lives pretty fast.

This is no joke, I won't over-exaggerate so I'll keep the #'s down, but since my oldest daughter was born (she's 18) we've had well over a hundred cats. The causes of death range from being mauled in an engine to being run over to just disappearing. I don't live by a road either. I'm a little over a 1/4 of a mile from traffic and these things get run over in my driveway by people visiting. Some of this may be my fault as I would get out and actually move one if it didn't get out of my way if it was a kitten. If we had one during the winter, the warmth of an engine usually got them in the end. We've tried mama cats, tomcats, and kittens....can't keep one. Everyone that has cat's always have kittens to give away around here and always complain they can't get rid of them. I live on a farm and in the winter time we always have a few mice that want to come in and get warm. Would love to have a cat around to at least intimidate them! ::nod::
Cope

Post by Cope »

Here's a pic of Molly and her 2 litter mates.
Attachments
xmas 2010 142.jpg
xmas 2010 144.jpg

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”