Cute little devil.

In 1939 Joseph Gerber (advertising agency owner) had custom knife maker David Murphy make 24 sets of carving knife for some of his select customers. Catalog retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw them and was so impressed with the quality of the knives they wanted to sell them. Thus was born Gerber Legendary Blades.
Grizlly Adams

Cute little devil.

Post by Grizlly Adams »

Anyone have any information about this little Gerber? Master blade is a lock back and the second is a slipper.
Attachments
IMG_8806.JPG
IMG_8807.JPG
IMG_8808.JPG
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cute little devil.

Post by doglegg »

Don't know anything about it except that it is a great looking knife. ::nod::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Grizlly Adams wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:25 pm Anyone have any information about this little Gerber? Master blade is a lock back and the second is a slipper.
Cool knife GA! I didn't know Gerber made any knives like that. Pretty neat! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::hmm:: Could it be an AG Russell?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Replicant

Post by Replicant »

I've never seen one of these in person. I think they come in different sizes and possibly patterns. I don't know for sure, just a vague recollection. I've always been curious about the origin as they appear to only be marked Gerber, without the Portland and zip code. Assuming it's a contract knife or the name was licensed? No mention of Seki Japan or Solingen Germany either.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

From what I’ve read it’s a Chinese made knife. It’s been a discontinued pattern for some years but generally got good reviews when it came out. It sold (discounted) for $30 - $35. They also made a three-blade version.

Most knife sites show it as discontinued and not available but I did see one company called Westside Wholesale has the three-blade in stock for $24.

Dennis
Grizlly Adams

Post by Grizlly Adams »

Thanks so much for the reply fellas! I had not been able to find anything on it, although I did come across some info on the three blade version. You guys are a great source of knowledge! Thanks All. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier!
WilValOr

Post by WilValOr »

That is a Gerber "Stag Stockman" 2 blade, MPN 22-01034.
Blades of 440A Stainless and carried a lifetime guarantee originally.

Return to “Gerber Legendary Blades Knife Forum”