Need Help Identifying These

In 1939 Joseph Gerber (advertising agency owner) had custom knife maker David Murphy make 24 sets of carving knife for some of his select customers. Catalog retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw them and was so impressed with the quality of the knives they wanted to sell them. Thus was born Gerber Legendary Blades.
TnMtnMn

Need Help Identifying These

Post by TnMtnMn »

The past two days I have been going insane trying to find what family of Gerber’s these belong too. I’ve searched and searched and found NOTHING, not even a close match to these blades. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance if anyone knows
61344085-B0BE-42BB-90A1-052DF4287A42.jpeg
A6A7C2BA-1381-49EE-B79D-3D1EC8D0CB42.jpeg
3AB806DD-DA69-4CBD-8CF2-4FE39E2515CF.jpeg
BA6F16E1-A97C-4280-971F-4D55DD811A53.jpeg
-=What if the whole world farted at once ?=-
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need Help Identifying These

Post by Madmarco »

TnMtnMn wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:22 pm The past two days I have been going insane trying to find what family of Gerber’s these belong too. I’ve searched and searched and found NOTHING, not even a close match to these blades. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance if anyone knows

61344085-B0BE-42BB-90A1-052DF4287A42.jpeg

A6A7C2BA-1381-49EE-B79D-3D1EC8D0CB42.jpeg

3AB806DD-DA69-4CBD-8CF2-4FE39E2515CF.jpeg

BA6F16E1-A97C-4280-971F-4D55DD811A53.jpeg
I can't help identify your Gerber's TMM, but ::welcome:: to AAPK, and just be patient, someone with Gerber knowledge will be along to give you more info. 8)
8)
TnMtnMn

Post by TnMtnMn »

Thanks.
56Dodgers

Post by 56Dodgers »

Hi there, I also have one of those knives, the slightly wider one with the offset pocketclip and the oddly shaped lanyard hole. Got it used in a lot from eBay. There is no model number on it that I can see, and I don't even see a country of manufacture stamp, which seems odd for a modern product. The fit, finish and lock up on the knife is impressive. Overall, it has a very quality look and feel to it, with the exception of the belt clip. Its too thin and interferes with the way I open it. The nice thing is that the knife will come apart easily allowing me to modify it if need be for a different clip. However, the knife overall would look better with no clip - but it would be a bit heavy to carry around in a pocket that way.

Do post back if you find anything else out! I am wondering why these two are packaged this way or if that is the only way they were sold. The box set and the instructions about the finish styles makes me think they might have been some kind of holiday endcap "last minute" gift idea in a sporting goods or hardware retailer. Is there any paperwork in the box or with the box?

Dodger
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Have you tried asking Gerber? They’re a U.S. company still in business. Www.gerbergear.com. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Customer Service. There is an email address for inquiries. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TnMtnMn

Post by TnMtnMn »

Dodger I’m still trying to identify these. There was no paperwork whatsoever with my set.
As for contacting Gerber I did. And I never got a response from them. I guess I’ll try again and see what happens. I’ll let you all know when and if I hear or learn something.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

TnMtnMn wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:50 pm Dodger I’m still trying to identify these. There was no paperwork whatsoever with my set.
As for contacting Gerber I did. And I never got a response from them. I guess I’ll try again and see what happens. I’ll let you all know when and if I hear or learn something.
That looks like some of the newer stuff from Fiskers, It's certainly not any of the old pre-Fiskers Gerber knives.
I would give them a call and ask them about the knives. I have found them to be very good with their customer service.
The phone number is (503) 684-2495.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
TnMtnMn

Post by TnMtnMn »

Well I have sent three emails to fiskars and received nothing in return from all three. All had pics attached and the simple question of what family they belonged too.
I don’t know what else to do.
TnMtnMn

Post by TnMtnMn »

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Well I finally got a response from Gerber about those knives. I was actually surprised in the response also. I’ve copied and pasted their response to me. I want to thank everyone for their help on this and honestly it only took me close to a year to get my answer. LOL. Y’all have a great one !!

Dear Sir or Madam,

This looks like the Walmart Clip Knife Set that was available ~ 2010/2011. The set's model number is 31-000853
and the knife models are Frontier and Dakota. I don't believe these models were ever available anywhere but the set.

Thank you for contacting Gerber.
Sincerely,
Bethany
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool info. 😎👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Gerber Legendary Blades Knife Forum”