Founder of Gerber Knives, Pete Gerber, passed away

In 1939 Joseph Gerber (advertising agency owner) had custom knife maker David Murphy make 24 sets of carving knife for some of his select customers. Catalog retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw them and was so impressed with the quality of the knives they wanted to sell them. Thus was born Gerber Legendary Blades.
RevolverGuy

Founder of Gerber Knives, Pete Gerber, passed away

Post by RevolverGuy »

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 12.30.19 PM.png
Pete Gerber, founder of Gerber Knives passed away at the age of 90. Gerber Knives announced it on their social media and had posted the following statement:

"We are saddened to share the passing of our founder Pete Gerber. Our deepest condolences go out to Pete’s family and the many others whose lives were touched by him. His entrepreneurial spirit and tireless dedication to quality are embodied in our culture, and his legacy lives on in our brand today."

There is a short article here as well: https://knifenews.com/knife-industry-in ... sses-away/
WilValOr

Re: Founder of Gerber Knives, Pete Gerber, passed away

Post by WilValOr »

:(

Thanks Pete.
For all you did for the industry, and for making my outdoor endeavors that much more enjoyable and productive.
You were truly a pioneer that brought a new level of excellence to his industry, and changed it for the better.
Hopefully forever.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Another knife icon gone, may he rest in peace. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:59 pm Another knife icon gone, may he rest in peace. ::pray::
Ditto. ::tear::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

My sincerest condolences to the Family, one of my 1st pocket knives was a Gerber, held up great! R.I.P.

Return to “Gerber Legendary Blades Knife Forum”