Stop carpal tunnel from mice; I hate ‘meeces’ to pieces: enlarging tips using PCs

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
mdpmedia1

Stop carpal tunnel from mice; I hate ‘meeces’ to pieces: enlarging tips using PCs

Post by mdpmedia1 »

My comments present some opinions to consider from both a medical and computer tips point of view. My discovery for enlargement of .jpg s on any PC screen evolved as a result of me continuing to develop carpal tunnel syndrome from using a mouse. I went through two mice :shock: (sounds kind of odd but I did feel like killing those plastic mice). ::paranoid::

I got the adverse medical condition in my finger from excessive repetitive movements from rolling the spinning wheel of the mouse for enlargements. I also developed the syndrome for a similar reason except in the wrist area.

So I switched from using a mouse with my right hand to one with the left hand. Then the same pains then started to happen there. So I broke out some Terminix, threw it with the mice in a blender (excessive rage I guess from a lightning bolt slamming me ::lightening:: After that little hissy fit I then started to exclusively use the finger pad in the middle below the keys on my PC: problem solved.
mdpmedia1

Re: Stop carpal tunnel from mice; I hate ‘meeces’ to pieces: enlarging tips using PCs

Post by mdpmedia1 »

Part two

So then I got on the horn with the techies at Microsoft and they suggested a better and quicker method for .jpg enlargements w/o the use of a rolling wheel on a mouse that most likely would never cause the above medical conditions in Part one:

1) a. Simply place the cursor on a web page with a .jpg or .png and quickly double click; this will provide you with the 1st level of enlargement.

1) b. Then if you're some type of pre-med student wanting to see through crying/watering eyes the dried up microscopic blood vessels from dead frogs bathing in formaldehyde ::teary_eyes:: in your histology class, do the following for an even closer gander. After the 1st double click, you should see a small circle with a + sign in it. Put that over the picture w/ a click for the next higher magnification level. This + sign will then turn to a - sign that can be used to shrink the photo back down to where it was etc.
mdpmedia1

Re: Stop carpal tunnel from mice; I hate ‘meeces’ to pieces: enlarging tips using PCs

Post by mdpmedia1 »

Part 3:

So I called back to thank the techies for helping me to ‘kill two birds w/ one stone’ (sorry bird huggers ::shrug:: ): ridding the carpal tunnel threat and magnifying w/o the mouse.

Then while only the phone with this sincere gratitude call, this other tech. taught me an even neater and quicker way to enlarge and reduce pixel count dimensions:

2) a. Since I personally like even further extreme magnifications for other projects besides knives, I now just hold down the Ctrl key while tapping the + key next to the 'backspace' key. This way quickly gives ‘many’ more levels of 'increased' magnifications; the mouse got booted from the house without any toxic chemicals ::handshake:: .

2) b. Holding down the Ctrl key while tapping the - key will likewise quickly 'reduce' the size to the next lower magnification(s) ... etc

These Ctrl key, +/- taps actually enlarge/shrink the 'entire' page which, in and of itself, can be extremely useful for other somewhat related applications besides only the.jpg section of the page.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Very helpful information. Thank you.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Pressing the Control key and tapping the "0" key on the top row of the keyboard will return your screen to the original magnification (no magnification).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
mdpmedia1

Post by mdpmedia1 »

...tapping the "0" key on the top row
Now, that's what I call adding something positive to a thread: a short'er'cut to a shortcut. ::tu::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Jerry is our resident "Old Guy Tech Genius."
He remembers old tricks and work arounds that the young techies never learned!

The big + for Jerry is that under that gruff exterior beats a heart of gold, though it is painted Marine Corps green!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”