Private message on hold

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
Sswingle

Private message on hold

Post by Sswingle »

I'm having trouble opening a private message since it is apparently On Hold. Here is the error message I get "You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder. Release all on-hold messages… they will be re-sorted into the appropriate folder if enough space is made available."

Please note that I have deleted every private message that I have but I continue to get the same error message every time. Please help....

Thanks!!!

Steve
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Private message on hold

Post by Railsplitter »

I don't know if this will work but try logging off and logging back on with your username and password.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sswingle

Post by Sswingle »

Good idea.. I tried but it didn't work. One of the admin's may need to look into it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I thought maybe you had more messages in your In Box than your membership would allow, but if you deleted all of your messages . . . ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sswingle

Post by Sswingle »

Yes, I guess I did at first, but I deleted page after page until none were left. The message on hold came from Knifemonger (i believe). Maybe I'll just try to contact him directly.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sswingle wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:02 pm Yes, I guess I did at first, but I deleted page after page until none were left. The message on hold came from Knifemonger (i believe). Maybe I'll just try to contact him directly.

That's not one of those scammer profiles, is it?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Check to be sure you actually deleted those messages. When you check the box by the messages and indicate you want to delete them, after pressing submit the system responds back and asks “are you sure you want to delete? Then you have to check “ yes” and submit again.

I’ve occasionally failed to do that last step, so messages I thought I had deleted were still there. ::dang:: I could have sworn I deleted them but then realized I wasn’t confirming it on the last step. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

I sent the message,I have a knife you were looking for at one time.Victorinox Huntsman Wood badge knife.I sent pics of knife.
Sswingle

Post by Sswingle »

Thanks knifemonger! I would love to see it. Is it on the AAPK store?

Thanks!

Steve

P.S. I guess the problem with the message I couldn't open just went away. FYI, I did fully remove my previous message by hitting go at the end.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Steve,

There should be a blue link to click in the message you are getting to complete the release... I think it's where I've colored blue enlarged & underlined below IIRC... ::tu::

"You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder. Release all on-hold messages… they will be re-sorted into the appropriate folder if enough space is made available."
Bryan
Sswingle

Post by Sswingle »

Thanks Bryan! That was so simple to do!

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”