Finding New Posts

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Finding New Posts

Post by 1967redrider »

Do you guys do this to find the newest posts? -

Click the 3 bars to get a drop down,

Select "New Posts"

View the newest posts. That's what I do, it covers all treads, in case you didn't know.

John
Attachments
Screenshot_20210108-225525.png
Screenshot_20210108-225536.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Finding New Posts

Post by doglegg »

Yep.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

That’s how I do it too but only for the last 3 years or so. I wasn’t aware of that option for the longest time and then somebody made a post like yours and pointed it out.

Benn doing it that way ever since. Thanks for the heads up John. That post made my forum experience better and I know your post will do the same for those who may be unaware.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

John, "New Posts" is my AAPK home page. Has been for years. I'm glad you discovered it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:46 am John, "New Posts" is my AAPK home page. Has been for years. I'm glad you discovered it.
I've been doing this for some time now, Jerry. Just thought some newer members might not know this.
::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I usually use unread post in the drop down.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

edge213 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:08 am I usually use unread post in the drop down.
That's what I use. If I've read several posts, then come back later and click NEW, those posts I've already read may still be there. Going to UNREAD makes sure that not only am I getting NEW posts, but they are posts I haven't seen.

There also may be several new posts in the same thread, all 4 or 5 (just to grab numbers) showing up in NEW. Going to UNREAD tells me 1 thing (not 4 or 5) - a thread has new posts I haven't read. I'll find out how many when I get there.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

And besides, new posts always go to the top of the UNREAD list, anyway
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

My favorite way, to navigate.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Did not know that.

Thanks,

Bob
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:46 am John, "New Posts" is my AAPK home page. Has been for years. I'm glad you discovered it.
Mine too. Another quick easy way to get there is click on Quicklinks, then select “New posts”. BTW it’s easy to tell which ones you’ve already read - they don’t have the little red square (I think it’s actually a symbol of a dog-eared page) beside them. Those with the little red square haven’t been read yet.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:43 pm
Mine too. Another quick easy way to get there is click on Quicklinks, then select “New posts”. BTW it’s easy to tell which ones you’ve already read - they don’t have the little red square (I think it’s actually a symbol of a dog-eared page) beside them. Those with the little red square haven’t been read yet.

Ken
I think that was what John was referring to Ken, although in his posted example it only shows the 3 bars, not the words "Quick links"! 8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Ken
I think that was what John was referring to Ken, although in his posted example it only shows the 3 bars, not the words "Quick links"! 8)
You’re right. It seems it depends on your browser format. On my phone (which I seldom use for AAPK) I see the three bars too, but not “Quicklinks”. Looks the same as what John posted.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:31 am You’re right. It seems it depends on your browser format. On my phone (which I seldom use for AAPK) I see the three bars too, but not “Quicklinks”. Looks the same as what John posted.

Ken
I only see the bars on my phone too but it seems to have something to do with the compressed screen. I see the Quick links when I turn my phone sideways for a wider view.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 am it seems to have something to do with the compressed screen. I see the Quick links when I turn my phone sideways for a wider view.
Yup.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 am
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:31 am You’re right. It seems it depends on your browser format. On my phone (which I seldom use for AAPK) I see the three bars too, but not “Quicklinks”. Looks the same as what John posted.

Ken
I only see the bars on my phone too but it seems to have something to do with the compressed screen. I see the Quick links when I turn my phone sideways for a wider view.
I personally don't have a mobile phone Rick, but that's really good to know, thanks! 8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 am

Ken
Yes, that’s what I meant by browser “format”. ::tu:: I’m sure one of the software gurus here can explain it better.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

slipknot
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by slipknot »

Thanks foe the lesson, folks! :)

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”