Can't stay logged in

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Can't stay logged in

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Would anyone have an idea as to why this happens? I log into AAPK by entering my user name, password, and then click "remember me", and then login. How long should I be logged in by doing this? I was under the impression that I would stay logged in until I physically logged out. But lately, last week or so, I come back to AAPK and find that I am logged out, even though I have not done so. Sometimes it is in as little as an hour or so. This happens on my phone, tablet, and laptop. So not much of an advantage to having the "remember me" if it doesnt. Phone is a Samsung, tablet is Apple, and laptop is an HP running Firefox. Devices are not turned off , but put on sleep.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Doc B

Re: Can't stay logged in

Post by Doc B »

I'm no computer guru...
have you disabled or blocked cookies lately... or enabled private browsing features?
::shrug::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

For my iPad and Windows computer same here. We must have similar
settings which cause this log out.

Bob
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:18 pm Would anyone have an idea as to why this happens? I log into AAPK by entering my user name, password, and then click "remember me", and then login. How long should I be logged in by doing this? I was under the impression that I would stay logged in until I physically logged out. But lately, last week or so, I come back to AAPK and find that I am logged out, even though I have not done so. Sometimes it is in as little as an hour or so. This happens on my phone, tablet, and laptop. So not much of an advantage to having the "remember me" if it doesnt. Phone is a Samsung, tablet is Apple, and laptop is an HP running Firefox. Devices are not turned off , but put on sleep.
Mine does the same. For a long time I had it set to "remember me" and it kept me logged in. For the past year or so, I still have it set to remember me but it doesn't keep me logged in HOWEVER it does remember my user name and password. This seems to coincide with Bryon doing some system work a few months ago. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I believe Bryan has set a 'time out' period for anyone who is not active for a certain amount of time. I'm no PC guru either, so I'm speculating that it could be for saving bandwidth...or some other factor. ::shrug:: I get 'logged out' too after I've been idle for 30-45 minutes. It has nothing to do with anyone's specific device they're using...it's just the way Bryan has it set up.

If he sees this...maybe he'll explain it.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:30 am I believe Bryan has set a 'time out' period for anyone who is not active for a certain amount of time. I'm no PC guru either, so I'm speculating that it could be for saving bandwidth...or some other factor. ::shrug:: I get 'logged out' too after I've been idle for 30-45 minutes. It has nothing to do with anyone's specific device they're using...it's just the way Bryan has it set up.

It has never done that if I would click on "remember me", I would stay logged in for days or weeks.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

It has never done that if I would click on "remember me", I would stay logged in for days or weeks.
Possibly, like Jerry mentioned, maybe Bryan changed some settings a while back. ::shrug:: Hopefully Bryan will see this and clarify exactly why this is or why it's happening.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:30 am I believe Bryan has set a 'time out' period for anyone who is not active for a certain amount of time. I'm no PC guru either, so I'm speculating that it could be for saving bandwidth...or some other factor. ::shrug:: I get 'logged out' too after I've been idle for 30-45 minutes. It has nothing to do with anyone's specific device they're using...it's just the way Bryan has it set up.

I think you may have nailed it LJ . ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I think you may have nailed it LJ . ::tu::
And this time, I didn't even hit my thumb. :lol:
LJ

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

::hmm::

As of right now, I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. Unless my memory fails me, I haven't changed anything in regards to this feature for a very long time.

One possibility is a problem with how AAPK cookies are stored in your browser(s). There is a link on the bottom right of the forum that reads "delete cookies".

I'll add it here as well...
ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies

You may be able to click the link to clear out the AAPK related cookies you currently have in your browser & renew them by logging back in with the "remember me" checkbox ticked.

If you try this, please report if it does/doesn't work ::tu::

Thanks,
Bryan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I will give that a whirl.
Thanks Bryan
bronze4u

Post by bronze4u »

Not sure what the glitch is/was? I was finally able to log in... More importantly, change my password. ::ds::
If you’re gonna be dumb... You better be tough!

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”