More Suggestions on Posting YouTube Videos

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

More Suggestions on Posting YouTube Videos

Post by jerryd6818 »

This was posted in another thread by lenny357 and I thought it would serve more members if it were posted here. If you have questions, please contact lenny357.

OK folks this is how to post videos like an expert on AAPK, well close. I suggest keeping this post handy as this info is some $5 advice at least.

Copy your LINK example: https://youtu.be/PX0DjHO7j9o

First we must FIX this LINK: we remove this: youtu.be/

and replace with this www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Now are LINK is FIXED: it looks like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0DjHO7j9o

So we now must place this FIXED LINK between this code: [youtube] __________ [/youtube]

You will type it all, the __________ represents your fixed LINK above. Below I did this (you won't see it but the video will show instead of the typed text you did. Also you can test it in the POST PREVIEW so you can see if it will work before you post it.

Edit by JerryD: If you copy the link and paste it into your post and it doesn't work, look towards the end of the copied link for an "&". If you see one of those (sometimes two) delete the "&" and everything that follows it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Beavertail

Re: More Suggestions on Posting YouTube Videos

Post by Beavertail »

Like this?
Tim
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks perfect. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
mqqn

Post by mqqn »

Andy
South Central Tennessee
Retired from Caterpillar Inc.

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”