Listing Help Tips: Search failure; allowing offers

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
geneknives

Listing Help Tips: Search failure; allowing offers

Post by geneknives »

Yesterday I submitted a new listing. It appeared in my account with an item number;
however, it could not be found from “searching members stores”. ::facepalm::

Inspecting this listing under “Edit”, I discovered that in the frame “Select category/manufacturer”,
both fields were incorrect although, to my recollection, I never selected either. ::shrug::
“Category” displayed “Not a knife related product”!
I corrected both category and manufacturer field and submitted the edit.
This resulted in successful searches immediately. ::tu::

Another problem is email offers on non-offer listings. If an Buyer offers through AAPK email without offers allowed in your listing, then no invoice can be generated. :( Also, this offer via email only does not display under offers in the Seller dashboard.
Offers can only function when “Make offer” is included in the listing; therefore, I have begun allowing offers (Make Offer) in most listings. ::handshake::

I hope this helps, especially for new members such as me.
Please see my listings under “geneknives”. 8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Listing Help Tips: Search failure; allowing offers

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK.

You may want to post this in the Member Store Forums. viewforum.php?f=101

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Listing Help Tips: Search failure; allowing offers

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

geneknives wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 pm Yesterday I submitted a new listing. It appeared in my account with an item number;
however, it could not be found from “searching members stores”. ::facepalm::

Inspecting this listing under “Edit”, I discovered that in the frame “Select category/manufacturer”,
both fields were incorrect although, to my recollection, I never selected either. ::shrug::
“Category” displayed “Not a knife related product”!
I corrected both category and manufacturer field and submitted the edit.
This resulted in successful searches immediately. ::tu::

Another problem is email offers on non-offer listings. If an Buyer offers through AAPK email without offers allowed in your listing, then no invoice can be generated. :( Also, this offer via email only does not display under offers in the Seller dashboard.
Offers can only function when “Make offer” is included in the listing; therefore, I have begun allowing offers (Make Offer) in most listings. ::handshake::

I hope this helps, especially for new members such as me.
Please see my listings under “geneknives”. 8)
If someone emails you with an offer, just ask them to wait a minute while you change the setting on the knife and then have them submit an offer on the system. That works too.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”