contacting AAPK stores

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

contacting AAPK stores

Post by danno50 »

When I use the "contact seller" option in one of the AAPK stores, by what method does that message go through? I just used this option and it does not show up in my private message outbox or in my sent email? How do I know that my message actually went through? When I receive an answer, will come as a private message?
Thanks
Dan
Dan
RalphAlsip

Re: contacting AAPK stores

Post by RalphAlsip »

This is an explanation of what I have observed when I have contacted a seller. This might not be exactly what goes on behind the scenes.

1. Click on button to Contact Seller, type message, click Submit
2. AAPK sends an email message to the email address that the Seller used as the contact email for their store
3. Seller receives email which, in addition to the message, contains your email address (i.e., the contacter's email address)
4. Seller responds (hopefully) to your email address
5. Additional exchanges between Seller and Contacter occur directly in email outside of AAPK boundaries.

I don't know of a way to confirm message was sent, or message was received.

I believe it is mandatory for Store owners to be members of AAPK. If a store owner is a member of AAPK you can go to the "About Us" link for the Store where you can see the store owner's AAPK User Name. From there you can opt to send a message via the PM capabilities of AAPK where you would be able to track Sent and Read just like you can for any PM.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Dan:

Anytime I contact a seller here using the "Contact Us" icon, I always receive a reply on my regular e-mail. The reply never comes back as a PM.

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Thanks guys, I will wait for an email reply.
Dan
Dan
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Everyone is 100% correct...comes in your regular email you have provided to Bryan
when you opened the store up....comes from AAPK to you as: message from your knife store
then its back and forth on both on seller store email/buyer personal email just like yackin with one of your buddies
been the same way in the almost 12 years I had my store, do not recall any problems with it either ::tu::

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Yep, exactly as happened, got the email from the seller on my regular email.
Thanks everyone for the responses.
Dan
Dan

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”