.....log in....

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

.....log in....

Post by carrmillus »

.....before yesterday, all I had to do was log in and the forum page came up. yesterday I logged in and a different looking page came up and I finally clicked on "home" and then a page appeared and then I could click on the forums??...has something about the login been changed or is it just me not knowing anything about computers?????...... ::doh:: .........
tongueriver

Re: .....log in....

Post by tongueriver »

I now have to log in every few minutes. ???
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Cal, aren't you still on dial-up?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

....what's dial-up????....... ::doh:: .........
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

carrmillus wrote:....what's dial-up????....... ::doh:: .........
Hooked up through a modem over a telephone line. The computer has to dial a telephone number to connect to the internet. Tommy, you're stretching the ignorance act here. ::watching_you::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:....what's dial-up????....... ::doh:: .........
Hooked up through a modem over a telephone line. The computer has to dial a telephone number to connect to the internet. Tommy, you're stretching the ignorance act here. ::watching_you::
..jerry, I guess that's what I've got..i know absolutely nothing about computers..i was a draftsman/product engineer for 42 years, working on a drawing board...when they told me in '93 they were going to computers, I quit!!...everytime something goes wrong with this thing, we have to get one of the kids to fix it!!!.......... ::disgust:: .........
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I figured out early on that you're a pretty smart guy. How could you do what you did for 42 years and not be. It's my opinion that the only reason you don't know anything about computers is because you don't want to. The great thing about America is you get to live your life the way you want to. We may disagree on a thing or two but we still get to be friends. ::handshake::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote:I figured out early on that you're a pretty smart guy. How could you do what you did for 42 years and not be. It's my opinion that the only reason you don't know anything about computers is because you don't want to. The great thing about America is you get to live your life the way you want to. We may disagree on a thing or two but we still get to be friends. ::handshake::
..jerry, I was probably the last person in the country to take down my old rotary dial phone(wife made me do it)!!!........ ::facepalm:: ........
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you had been born in the 1800s, you would have fought the telephone and the automobile and wouldn't have listened to that devil's device, the radio. :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
If you had been born in the 1800s, you would have fought the telephone and the automobile and wouldn't have listened to that devil's device, the radio. :mrgreen:
...I'm even further behind on fishing equipment..i'm still using a 1930's pflueger level wind reel and a solid steel pflueger rod with the old braided line!!!......... ::nod:: ...........
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
...I'm even further behind on fishing equipment..i'm still using a 1930's pflueger level wind reel and a solid steel pflueger rod with the old braided line!!!......... ::nod:: ...........
I don't see a thing wrong with that. ?
Btw, I have pretty high-speed internet and have a valid green card.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:I figured out early on that you're a pretty smart guy. How could you do what you did for 42 years and not be. It's my opinion that the only reason you don't know anything about computers is because you don't want to. The great thing about America is you get to live your life the way you want to. We may disagree on a thing or two but we still get to be friends. ::handshake::
..jerry, I was probably the last person in the country to take down my old rotary dial phone(wife made me do it)!!!........ ::facepalm:: ........
I tell you what Tommy . I don't ever remember that old black rotary phone that we had on a table in the entrance foyer ever breaking or dropping a call and I don't know for sure but I bet it wasn't expensive. Now a days seems like these $750 phones don't last me but about a year. What's wrong with that picture?
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

tongueriver wrote:Btw, I have pretty high-speed internet and have a valid green card.
When you log on, do you check the box that says "keep me signed in"? (should only need to do that once unless you log out)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..........I don't see that anywhere?????.................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Logon Screen With Arrow.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Jerry, thanks for that info, but I check the "remember me" box sometimes a dozen times a day. ::hmm::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm out of ideas Cal.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

gsmith7158 wrote: I tell you what Tommy . I don't ever remember that old black rotary phone that we had on a table in the entrance foyer ever breaking or dropping a call and I don't know for sure but I bet it wasn't expensive. Now a days seems like these $750 phones don't last me but about a year. What's wrong with that picture?
Greg you've got a good point but I'll wager you paid way more than $750 in rent to the phone company on that old black rotary phone! :lol: My folks had the same rotary phone for 30 years - paid something like $14.99 a month for it. But if anything ever went wrong the phone company sent a guy out to fix it or replace it, no charge. What a scam! ::woot::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......one of these days, I'm gonna put the one we have under the back tire of my '56 tbird and back over it...i'll take the old stuff over these new ones anyday!!!.......... ::tu:: .............

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”