How To Capture A Screen Shot On Your PC

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

How To Capture A Screen Shot On Your PC

Post by jerryd6818 »

I use two methods. I won't go into the method I use the most because it requires a software product called "PhotoScape". "PhotoScape" is a free image program that does many of the same things "Photoshop" does.

The second method is easy peasy, lemon squeazy and for PCs only. The first step is to tap the "Print Screen" button in the top right quadrent of your keyboard. That will copy an image of your current PC screen to a small section of your PCs memory called the "Clip Board".

Note: The "Print Screen" button on your keyboard may have just "Print Screen" printed on it or like my keyboard it may have "Print Screen" -over- "SysRq". It's nothing to be concerned about. Works the same.
Print Screen Button.jpg
Once you have tapped "Print Screen" and have the screen image stored in "Clip Board" open Microsoft Paint (standard with all versions of MS Windows I've seen),
Opening Paint.jpg
Next, place your cursor anyplace in the white space, hold down the "Ctrl" key and tap the "V" key (or click on the "Paste" icon which is on the left side of the tools area)
MS Paint Open Annotated.jpg
To save your screen shot to your PC, click on the noted button, move your cursor to "Save As" from the drop down menu, then to "Jpeg" on the next drop down menu. Left click on "Jpeg".
Save As.jpg
Name the file, decide where you want to save it to and left click on "Save"
Save As 2.jpg
You're done.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”