Posting Pictures From A Smart Phone

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Posting Pictures From A Smart Phone

Post by jerryd6818 »

royal0014 wrote:[quote="jerryd6818"I-Phone or Android?
Android ....
I might figure it out if I would take the time to read your tutorials .... :roll:
[/quote]

If you do take the time to read my tutorial, you will find the disclaimer that "If you're on an Apple product, Smart phone, Tablet or any device other than a PC running Microsoft Windows, you're on you own. 'Cause I don't know squat about those devices. I'm still struggling with my Smart phone and discovering new things almost daily".

The problem I've discovered (from a sampling of three) is all the Androids don't work the same. But since my phone (LG Verizon) and my tablet (Polaroid) work the same and the odd man out is this weird Motorola my buddy has, how about I forge on and tell you how mine works. Maybe yours will do the same.

When you open a new post, go to the bottom of the page, choose the "Attachment" tab and click on "Add Files"
Adding Images.jpg
What comes up on my phone is a menu. If you want to take a picture with the phone to add to the post, choose "Camera". If you want to add a picture to the post that's already on the phone, choose "Documents".
DSC07918.JPG
The next screen will show contents of one of the folders. If your phone pictures are all in one folder, you're there. Scroll down and tap on the picture you want to add to the post.

If you have multiple folders, to choose another folder, tap on the folders name at the top of the screen (in this picture it's "Things") and you will get the drop down shown in the picture below. Tap "Images" and it will show all your folders. Scroll down and choose the folder which contains your target image by tapping on the image above the name of the desired folder. Scroll down, find your picture, tap on it and repeat for additional images or complete your post as normal.
DSC07919.JPG
Disclaimer: This works for me on my LG Verizon phone and my Polaroid tablet. I make no promises for you and your XYZ Sauerkraut cell phone (especially if it's a Motorola :lol: ). In other words, "Your mileage may vary."
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Posting Pictures From A Smart Phone

Post by gsmith7158 »

And to add insult to injury, the path to your photo files or documents can be different depending on the browser you are using. I have noticed that since I am using Mozilla on my phone (not the browser that came on it) that some of these paths take a little investigating to figure out.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Posting Pictures From A Smart Phone

Post by jerryd6818 »

Greg, did you "root" your phone? (what ever the heck that means) I THINK that means get rid of the service providers added bloatware (like all that Google crap that's loaded on my phone) and strip the phone back to the bare necessities. I watched a video on "rooting your smartphone" and that's the impression I got.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”