How to Post a YouTube Video

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

How to Post a YouTube Video

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ken, (Mumbleypeg) asked how I do this and since so many seem to struggle with posting a YouTube video I thought it's a perfect "How To" for this new Forum.

It's really not difficult at all once you know the "secrets".

1st Step: Get a video going on YouTube. Y'all know how to do this. Then copy the URL (Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet.)
Posting YouTube Videos #1.jpg
2nd Step: Click on the YouTube button in your post and copy the URL of the video in between the [youtube] and [/youtube]
Warning: Sometimes, if your cursor is not on the first line of the post (you type something before the video) your cursor will end up between the '/' and the 'y' of youtube when you click on the "YouTube" button and the video won't work. Make sure your cursor is between the ] and [ before you hit ctrl V to paste your copied URL.
Posting YouTube Videos #2.jpg
3rd and most important step: Get rid of the 's' in the 'https' portion of the URL AND sometimes the URL will have an '&' followed by some stuff. Get rid of the '&' and everything that follows.
Posting YouTube Videos #3.jpg
Ta Da, The End ........................ Except for one in a coons age, instead of an & tacked on to the URL, there will be (I think) a '?' followed by some characters so you will have to get rid of that. If you see 'you.tube' towards the end of the URL, then definitely there is an '&' or '?'.

If I've just confused you more, PM your frustration and we'll get it worked out.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How to Post a YouTube Video

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thank you sir! Now I'll have to find something to try it on. I'll be even more dangerous than usual! :lol: ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

NOTICE!

This thread is no longer the correct way to post a YouTube video and videos posted in this manner will no longer work. The new and current method is to copy the URL and paste it in the "youtube" string between [youtube] and [/youtube].

Thanks Bryan.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I likey ::tu::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”